Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Find friends from the Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones Application

Hello and welc:smileyhappy:me to the C:smileyhappy:mmunity

On my facebook and i have the latest version.... when I go to facebook, the only options I have to search friends is the 4th icon over on the top row.  It brings up a list of all my friends and I can search for the friend I want.  

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
pumbaa70
My Device: Not Specified

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

I read the article you provided and several others. I think we differ in interpretation.

"Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones is designed to allow BlackBerry smartphone users to add Facebook® friends to the Contacts application on the BlackBerry smartphone."

Add Facebook friends to the Contacts application on the BlackBerry smartphone

That is a well defined one way statement Facebook friends add to the BB contacts, in a one way transfer.

There isn't a provision for BB contacts who are not Facebook associates be stored on the Facebook application.

It wouldn't serve a valid  purpose as far as I can see. I have also not seen this request or reported as an error by

other users. It may be worth reconsidering.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pumbaa70

I would tend to disagree I have sen some people with it and some without and RIM is also aware from when I spoek to them
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jbshaps

Not sure if this is what you are talking about, but when I set up the BB Facebook application, it asked me if I wanted to search through my BB Contacts to look for them on Facebook.  Came up with some wierd results, but it found a bunch that I was already friends with and added their facebook picture to my BB Contact, and then sent friend messages to those that I selected that I was not already friends with.  Is this the feature that you are trying to get to work?  It was pretty handy, mainly for adding pictures to contacts.  I have NO IDEA what I did to get this to run, however.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pumbaa70

Yeah that is the one and my wife got the same prompt with her Curve 4.5 device but I never got it even after numerous reinstalls but I am using 4.7 on my Tour
Please use plain text.