Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

LdyPolarBr
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Sprint

Gmail and WindowsLive Email Reconcilation Issue

I'm sure this has been brought before, but I'm new to the board and just tired of deleting the same email TWICE! Sprint says it can't be done, but I KNOW IT CAN!!  I did it previously and now it doesn't work.  Sprint doesn't know what they are talking about I'm hoping someone here does.

My Yahoo! account syncs PERFECTLY w/my Tour.  My Gmail and WindowsLive accounts do not.  I can delete a msg from the PC and it remains on the phone.  I delete from the phone and it remains on the PC.  Does ANYONE know how to fix this?

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Gmail and WindowsLive Email Reconcilation Issue

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

With what you've said here, what I can start with is this:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

All reconciliation between your BB and your email server is governed by this. If you have everything configured correctly (as per the KB linked inside of the above), then you should receive the reconciliation that is documented.

That being said, it's important to know that this is between your BB and your email Server...not your PC. Well, maybe not...it all depends on what, exactly, you mean by your PC. If you mean some webmail interface, then yes, this reconciliation should work. If, on the other hand, you mean Outlook or some other PC email client, then the above KB is only half of the story...the other half is the capability of your email client to reconcile against your email server...and that's a question for the developer of that email client software.

All of that being said, even if everything is correct and it should work, there is also the delay to be aware of. Pushing new emails to the BB and sending emails from the BB are the highest priority tasks. Everything else (e.g., reconciliation) is of a lower priority...I've seen it take up to 24 hours for deleted items to finally reconcile. Sometimes you just have to wait. Sometimes, things go wrong as well and things never reconcile. That's just the way it is with technology...it's not perfect.

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.