Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
franvil
My Device: Not Specified

[Help!] Blackberry Tour 9630 (from VZW) cannot connect to the internet or send/receive emails

I have a blackberry tour 9630 w/ camera and i was just browsing the internet then all of a sudden, the service is gone.  Now i cannot connect to the internet, download apps, or send/receive emails.

Blackberry Tour 9630

Verizon Wireless service (North America)

Any help appreciated!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: [Help!] Blackberry Tour 9630 (from VZW) cannot connect to the internet or send/receive emails

With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

See if that helps to reconnect to your towers... 

If not, dial *228 on your device.

Anything?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
franvil

Re: [Help!] Blackberry Tour 9630 (from VZW) cannot connect to the internet or send/receive emails

thank you for the reply..

no it didnt work =[

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Go to the manage connections icon, click on it, are your connections turned on? 

Run the diagnostics test and turn the radios on. Scroll down to mobile data services, menu key diagnostics test.

The test reregisters your phone with the network, and tests the data plan and phone. A test log is created, make sure you

save it. You can use it for documentation with the carrier. After the test runs and passes, send service books, If it doesn't pass it's time

to call the carrier.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
usmcfiredog

Another you can try to do is if the reboot doesn't work you can go to this site if you have a BIS https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw log into there and resend your service books to your phone.
Please use plain text.