Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry tour 9630
My Carrier: personal
Accepted Solution

Help me with IT Policy on my Blackberry tour 9630

How can I solve or remove IT Policy on my  blackberry tour 9630.all my application are not working well and it this IT Policy cousing it....like my PixMix:-when ever I open it,it says:- The application PixMix has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by my IT Policy.
Please help me.I need to get ride of this **bleep**in' IT Policy on my 
Solutions: 6,122
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help me with IT Policy on my Blackberry tour 9630

• Read this RIM Knowledge Base article to reset your device to the factory settings. KB18998 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults
  • See the RIM Knowledge Base article here for information on how to remove an IT Policy. See the Method Three in the link: KB14202 How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I really appreciate your effort for me but I really don't understand were I will create a IT policy or remove and edit it on my Blackberry tour 9630.am now following u on twitter and I wish u follow me back so u can helP me better.please I really need more explanation on how to edit or remove IT policy on my phone. I will be looking forward for your reply.thank you sir

Sorry. I've answered you on Twitter, you've not answered back.

Nevertheless, I can't answer your questions here in less than 140 characters (I'm sure you understand how difficult that might be).

On your 9630, just follow the instructions I posted above to reset to factory.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thank you for the help but I have not get ride of the IT policy and am afraid of restoring to phone fatory coz I may lost all my contact especially my bbm contact......I just wanna know may is it on my phone I will perform the procedure u give me above or on a computer?and I will be glad to tell me easily step by step to follow if on the phone.....coz diz my first blackberry that I will use and I hate giving me problem.....please I have no idea....help me to the end.....thank you sir.

1. Use your BlackBerry Desktop Software on your PC first to perform a back up of your contacts, and all your Blackberry personal data.  Details, read:  Article ID: KB23680 Backup BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 to 7.1
  2. Read this RIM Knowledge Base article to reset your device to the factory settings. KB18998 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults
  3. After the factory reset, restore your previous data:  Article ID: KB10339 How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file

Knowledge Base Updates