Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Contributor
Kznailz
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Hotmail sync for contacts and calendar

Thank you all so much for your help.  After reading all your posts, and the posts / solutions you have recommended, it is clear to me that working with my hotmail account (to include my contacts and shared calendar) can only be done by either transferring everything to an off-line .pst file or exporting it all to yahoo and using that to sync my blackberry.

Unfortunately neither or those are really ideal situations, and as that is the driving factor behind my switching to a blackberry I have to wonder if it is worth the additionaly monthly expense.  I can access my hotmail email and web from a standard cell phone and save $15 / month.  That really adds up.

I don't use my phone as a camera, for music or video etc etc.  Before I return this tour, might I ask why you choose a blackberry - what tools it provides you that a regular phone doesn't.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

just to be clear on something, it is Microsofts fault it happens this way

they at first removed hotmail access from outlook express, but allowed it thorugh outlook

then they removed it from outlook unless you were a paid MSN subscriber, you then got the outlook connector

then they made the outlook connector to anyone using outlook.

noone else uses this kind technology

MS just wants to be different and difficult

you wont have this problem with any other free email company

DTM syncs directly with yahoo calendar

gmail has apps they made for the BB that syncs caalendar and contacts with yahoo

MS makes things easy for themselves and windows mobile users... they are not about to help the competition.

just last month the changed the servers used to integrate with BIS, so everyone had to reintegrate... and now they force you to revalidate something like every 90 days when its attached to a BB

poor business sence on MS part in my opinion

I have outlook connector and use a @live.ca account(only got it because of the .ca) but I gave up my hotmail account about 6yrs ago for a gmail account. gmail is my primary email, and it will be for a long time.

they work WITH BB, not against them

they work FOR their clients, not against them

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Unfortunately I'm with drizzt09 on this one.  The blame for this needs to be put where it's due, and that's Microsoft.

Maybe RIM will be able to work something out at some point so that you can better integrate with Hotmail, but at this point in time, I don't yet know of anything.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paolodigiovanni
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Hello,

I did setup a new email account following your post and I can confirm that I am having the same issue where the contacts storedon Hotmail are not wireless syncing.

I have found also the solution to sync through Outlook generating a separate IMAP profile.

As you stated I fail to sync wireless but it is also stated by BB that the BIS will push the sync every 4 hours. So I will wait again and see if the entries deleted on the handset and those added or edited will be then synced.

Regards,

Paolo

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paolodigiovanni
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Instructions
Force the synchronization on the calendar by clicking the "Calendar" icon and clicking the BlackBerry button. Select "Properties" and remove the check from the "Wireless Synchronization" field.

Click the "Calendar" icon again and press the BlackBerry button. Click "Properties" again and place a check in the "Wireless Synchronization" field.

Sponsored Links

Outlook ActiveSync
Synchronize Calendar and Contacts, Tasks, Notes. Free Download.
www.Sync2.com
Force the synchronization on the contacts by clicking the "Contacts" icon. Press the BlackBerry button and remove the check from the "Wireless Synchronization" option. Repeat the process and place a check in the "Wireless Synchronization" field to restart the synchronization.

Turn the phone off by pressing and holding the red "Phone" button on the phone. Leave the phone off for two minutes. Turn the phone back on by pressing and holding the green "Phone" button on the phone.

Read more: How to Force Wireless Synchronization for a BlackBerry | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_7668225_force-wireless-synchronization-blackberry.html#ixzz2AspPAusL

Please use plain text.