Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

How do I get rid of + in auto dial messages

I am in China and purchased a sim card from China Mobile and switched the mobile network on the phone so that I could use in China.  When I call someone from contacts, the phone call gets a wrong number.  I believe it is because of the + that gets placed in front of the number.  When I punch in the phone number the call goes through.  How do I get rid of the + on auto dials?

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: China Unicom

Re: How do I get rid of + in auto dial messages

I have exactly the same problem and it is maddening. No one at the stores speaks english or can help. Have you found the solution?
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: How do I get rid of + in auto dial messages

Hi michasr,

This is smart-dialing feature, by which can set a default country code and area code for phone numbers so that you do not have to dial a country code and area code each time that you make a call.

To Set the default country code and area code:

1. From the Home screen, press the Send key.
  2. Press the Menu key.
  3. Click Options.
  4. Click Smart Dialing.
  5. Set the Country Code and Area Code fields.
  6. If necessary, set the Local Country Code and International Dialing Digits fields.
  7. In the National Number Length field, set the default length for phone numbers in your country.
  8. Press the Menu key.
  9. Click Save.
Note: When you calculate the default length for phone numbers, include your area code and local number, but do not include your country code or the National Direct Dialing prefix.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit