Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Contributor
wpbrink
My Device: Not Specified

How to use laptop screen as a monitor when blackberry is connected by usb??????????

i'd like to be able to view my blackberry on a larger laptop screen and i've heard of some software to where you could do this.........i've already tried one program that would allow me to take screen shots but not actually use like my mouse to navigate the blackberry........basically want to hook up my blackberry via usb and see the same thing on the laptop screen...........anyone ever heard of this being done??????

Please use plain text.
shawzil
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to use laptop screen as a monitor when blackberry is connected by usb??????????

I have to say that I am mlooking for the very same thing myself and registered on this site just so that I can post this message and let you know your not the only one.

I live and work in a country that proxies and blocks web sites that are deemed inappropriate in content but even those harmless ones like say FLICKR are blocked and even at times FACEBOOK has issues, however via the blackberry they are not....

I believe this is a very practical way of also displaying business related information that can be obtained from internet sources while on the go in a very portable and practical way to port them on a bigger screen to work with.

WIth that said, this is the reason I am looking for the same thing as you are.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fernbuck
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: How to use laptop screen as a monitor when blackberry is connected by usb??????????

No can do huh? Oh well

Please use plain text.
seige232
My Device: Bold 9780

Heya,

There is a program out there you can download that will make this possible. It is called "BBScreenStream", not well known, but I use it myself, and it works great. It allows you to see your Blackberry on your computer screen att different ratio settings, and updates the screen at regular intervals. Requires you to have Blackberry Desktop installed, and JL-Commander.

Try it out. Uses USB only.

Good Luck, and happy holidays.

-Seige

Please use plain text.