Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
mailvaleze
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630

I cannot use my blackberry tour

Hello,

I bought a blackberry tour from a friend. The phone is carrying a verizon and i am using an airtel nigeria sim on it . 

I cannot connect to blackberry network with it, I have a PIN but I cannot use it either. The worst part is, I cannot load or check a pre-paid airtime on it. Someone told me that I have to installed a software that will make blackberry tour work in Nigeria. Please I need assistance.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: I cannot use my blackberry tour

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Using a BB on a network that is not it's original network is tricky and involves many steps.

First, the BB must be unlocked from the original carrier:

Second, the new carrier must allow the BB to be used on their network...you have to check with them to be sure.

Third, if they allow it, then they can usually enable the voice level services just fine. But, data level services can be trickier:

If the carrier natively supports your exact model of BB, then they can usually push out the Service Books (which enable the BB-level services) without a problem...you also can attempt this procedure:

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

However, if the carrier cannot push the Service Books to your BB, then it is much much trickier to get the BB functioning on that carrier network. Please try working with your carrier to get it working first before we attempt those trickier procedures.

Also -- all of this assumes that your friend has already done all of the seller steps in this KB:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Steve_T
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: I cannot use my blackberry tour

I have locked this thread due to being dormant for some time.

If you are experiancing the same or similar issues please start a new thread.

Steve_T                                                                                                                                New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png