Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
radiopharus
My Device: Tour 9630

Internet browser apparently non existent or inaccessible

Hi everyone, this topic is for those who now more tech aspects about the BB Tour 9630. This phone I boughted in the U.S. with Verizon as the phone service provider. I was transferred to Perú so I cancelled the service because it simply wasn´t worth it everymore, I was in a new country with new phone service providers. Now I´ve choosen Claro phone services, but I´am in a pre paid service meaning that I buy minutes only when I know I´m going to be making phone calls. They also had post pay plans that included internet services too. But since in Peru people have Internet access at home few hire those plans, so CLARO is offering now pre paid internet services for wide bandwith 3G internet  per day , so one can buy a day or unlimited internet access, or 2 , or 3 , and so on. Problem is that my BB model ins´t well know here so I can use very well voice services but can´t access the internet although I´ve hired these pay per day internet services, every time I try to access a message pops up saying in spanish "your device has cero entrances from the explorer configuration service book " so it is as if my internet browser didn´t even existed. If it is a phone service provider problem could anyone tell  me wich is the most similar BB model in functions and default software to my BB Tour so CLARO can maybe use it as a base to adjust my device and be able to access the internet.

New Contributor
pgarcia82
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530

Re: Internet browser apparently non existent or inaccessible

When did this start because am having the similiar problems. I have the Curve 8530.

happyness
My Device: 9630

I think the reason why you lose your internet browser is the "service book" missing. When you travel from one country to annother  your should change the "service book" in your BB. The steps are as follows: first, you should contect the local service provider, providing you the information about the "service book", it should be a certen form file. Second , using the decktop manager, deliver this file into your BB. third ,checking the "service book" in the BB, Option--advance option--service book,  check out if it has been renewed or not ,forth, if it has been successfully changed,you wil find the blackberry browser appear on your BB screen. and than chect the internet.

for detail method, please contect me !

New Contributor
chevyp
My Device: Tour 9630

Hi there happyness. Would you be kind enough to explain to me? I too am having a similar problem.. It seems that my bis is not activated yet.. I've contactd my service provider which is mtn-sa.. I have a Verizon 9630 tour that I recntly purchased of ebay.. Will i have to change any settings in order to allow for bis to enable itself?

Thanks

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

In order to get the service books to your phone, follow the steps in this article:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

Once you've done that, register your phone on the network:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB00510

Once those two things are done, it's a good idea to remove your battery while your phone is turned on then replace it.

Let us know if that helps.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.