Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
txskeets
My Device: Not Specified

Issues with Car Bluetooth and the 9630

Hey guys,

Over at the crackberry forums there are many people reporting issues with the tour and car bluetooth.  Basically, for people that are syncing the tour with the bluetooth in their cars, people can barely hear them.  We can hear everyone just fine, but when talking the person on the other end reports that our voice is very low.  This is happening on VZW, Sprint, Bell and Telus, which leads me to belive this is an issue with the OS itself.  The link to the discussion at crackberry is http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/car-bluetooth-tour-issue-they-can-t-hear-me-well-267206/  I'm hoping someone from RIM cam comment on this or provide some help.  This is a VERY frustrating issue to Tour owners especially with so many places having "hands free" laws.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lindros2

Re: Issues with Car Bluetooth and the 9630

I second this issue.

1. Tour on Verizon.

2. Cars include Acura RDX, Nissan GT-R, and Cadillac STS (rental).

3. I also have a problem with a Plantronics Voyager headset as reported elsewhere.

And finally, the audio on the device is pretty low.  "Enhance audio quality," disabling TTY (off by default), and toggling echo control does nothing for me.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
txskeets

And both of my cars are Ford's using the Sync system.  One car has Sync 2.0 the other has Sync 1.2.  Same issue in both vehicles.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dajogejr

I have Uconnect on my Dodge Ram and will be upgrading to a Tour soon.

Any issue reported with Uconnect?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cchehreh

Same issue here. I have a new Lincoln MKX and have been using a BB 8830 World Edition for years. It has been clear as a bell. I switched to the new Tour on VZW and no one can hear me and the calls break up. I had to return the phone it was so bad. :smileysad:

I hope BB can fix the issue and get the clarity of the 8830.

BB addict!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
txskeets

I'm guessing that when you returned the phone, you did not get another Tour??
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cchehreh

I am onboard with the issue as well. I have a Lincoln MKX with MS Sync and it sounded terrible. I could not do business that way and had to take the phone back to VZW. Would love some options. my 8830 is nice but would like a new World Edition BB on VZW.

Please use plain text.
Developer
LarryMcJ
My Device: Tour

Most of the problems people are encountering are low volume on the called party's end.  The clarity on my car hands-free system is wonderful...but it's WAY lower in volume than was my Curve.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
OurManInCHS
My Device: Verizon Blackberry Tour

Greetings from Charleston!

I was using a Verizon 8830 World Edition until I upgraded to the Verizon Blackberry Tour on launch day July 12.  I never had any Bluetooth issues before and I'm not having any now.  As a matter of fact, I would say the quality is a tad better.  My volume is controlled by my car when the Blackberry is connected via Bluetooth and I've actually had to turn it down sometimes because it has been so loud.  I drive a 2007 Toyota Landcruiser.  I suspect it has less to do with the Blackberry than it does with the car.  Perhaps there's a Bluetooth software/firmware update necessary for some of your vehicles?

All in all, I love this new Blackberry!!

Cheers! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
txskeets

I dont believe this is an issue with the car.  There are WAY to many people in the crackberry forums reporting this issue.  Its not just limited to the car BT either.  People with BT headsets are also experiencing this issue.  I believe this is an issue with the OS itself.
Please use plain text.