Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
etnlauri
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Issues with Car Bluetooth and the 9630

If BB does not fix this in the next couple weeks, I will exchange for a Palm Pre.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DebW

I am also the same issues as you on my Bluetooth. I drive a 2007 BMW 335xi and the radio cuts off when I first start up my car and cuts the radio off. It seems the phone is communicating and trying to connect but takes forever. I called BMW Canada and they think it's an issue with the phone not the car. When I first got the phone I paired it to my Bimmer and it was fine but now after entering a bunch of name and phone nos. it's having problems. BMW Canada thinks it's trying to load all the numbers and because there are so many it's taking a long time. I don't really want to delete all my contacts because I need them but on the other hand I want to be able to use the bluetooth. Have you resolved your problems?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yvolin

I have a 2009 S 63 . When I had an 8830 it worked perfectly. Now that I’ve upgraded to 9630 Tour, it pairs but the Tour connects to UHI-SN1085 and not the MB Phone system like before. It sees the BB a smart phone and you can transfer the phonebook but no phone ! I tried disabling the encryption and everything else I could think of, nothing! No phone. Any ideas? Obviously Verizon or Mercedes keep on pointing fingers at each other ! Send the phone back ?
Please use plain text.
andifur

I have to disable bluetooth on my tour. This is really annoying and probably my on complaint about the phone,

1st issue. People cannot hear me on it.

2nd. Even wehn 700 feet from the car and disconnected the phone tried to use bluetooth.

3rd and most annoying, if I am in the car using the BT and end a call, something is happening that keeps the BT in the car to ring and tell. me there is a call. There is not, but it keeps ringing call. Very annoying.

I had the storm and it was perfect (with BT only). No complaints about the BT

I have an Tour 9630 and an Audi a4. Anyone else having this issue?

Please use plain text.
kelbel

I too have issues with the bluetooth in my car. I have had the issue with the low volume on day one, which I quickly ignored (since I thought the person I was speaking too was just hard of hearing). But 2 days ago I have had major issues with my bluetooth in my car. I tried to use it but it would not hang up, said phone was in use, which of course it was not. My bluetooth then won't let me do anything else, as it blocks out my radio. I fumbled with the phone and then all was ok with my phone and car. But tried it again and same thing. Today I went to my local verizon store and they said it was my car. Now I am reading all the issues here and I know otherwise. THis is frustrating as this is my first Blackberry ever and am quite disappointed with this problem. Also I have a MAC, so updating the phone is not an option just yet?

My Car: 2008 Acura TL

Phone: Tour Made in Mexico

I hope Blackberry does something soo! Verizon Wireless service to get this phone was AWFUL and am SOOOO close to going to AT&T and getting the IPhone.

Thank you

Kelly 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
etnlauri

I have now purchased 3 different bluetooth headsets and none of them work with the Tour.  And they also do not work in the 2 built in BT devices in both of my cars. 

I am giving it 1 more week and I will switch to the Palm Pre.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
etnlauri

I am sure that BB will send updated software by 2010.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
barryjkaufman

I would like to chime in on this bluetooth issue as well. I just picked up the BlackBerry Tour and people on the other end of the phone cannot hear me when using the bluetooth on my Prius. They say I sound like I'm far away from the phone. I have the same issue with a bluetooth head set the Jabra VBT2050. By the way I have a bluetooth stereo headphone for music that works fine. To stay hands free in the car, I am using a wired headset called "The Boom" that is just awesome. But it would still be nice to be able to use the bluetooth function when I want to. I hope the RIM guys are listening.
Please use plain text.
sdirks

I have an issue with a 9630 in a users BMW. The bluetooth does not realease radio but stays connected. It works fine for the passenger in his car who has a different model
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
howard1f

Same issue with an 08 S550.  Spoke with Verizon this eve and this is the first they heard of the problem.  Called Mercedes and they said the Tour is not on their approved list of phones yet.  Definitely looks like a problem with many Bluetooth devices. 

I'm gonna hang in there for a while in hopes of a software upgrade to fix the problem.  My  8830 worked fine as well.  The new Tour worked for a few days and this same problem started yesterday.  Can't hang up the phone and many problems connecting the phone with the MB Bluetooth system.

Please use plain text.