Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

tsheraden
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Issues with Car Bluetooth and the 9630

Same problem here too ... the hands-free Address Book won't load from the BB Tour 9630 via my 2007 MB GL320 CDI's puck.  Extremely dissapointing.
Please use plain text.
spiritmike

I just got the BB Tour and had the same problem with the BT in my car. I have a Mercedes 2009 C300 and the Curve I had previously everyone said was excellant and clear. With the Tour everyone says they cam make out what I say but I sounded very far away.

I called Verizon and they were no help (they usually help all the time). So I found a solution.

1) Go to your BT Setup on the Tour

2) Highlight your BT device and go to Device Properties.

3) Disable Encrytion and turn off Echo Control.

After I did this the quality retuned back to excellant. Le t me know if this helps anyone else. 

Please use plain text.
spiritmike

I just got the BB Tour and had the same problem with the BT in my car. I have a Mercedes 2009 C300 and the Curve I had previously everyone said was excellant and clear. With the Tour everyone says they cam make out what I say but I sounded very far away.

I called Verizon and they were no help (they usually help all the time). So I found a solution.

1) Go to your BT Setup on the Tour

2) Highlight your BT device and go to Device Properties.

3) Disable Encrytion and turn off Echo Control.

After I did this the quality retuned back to excellant. Let me know if this helps anyone else. 

Please use plain text.
alaneagle

I find that after pairing tour with MB300 the radio turns off and I can't use any of the telephone controls thru the car.  Can still hear and make calls through BB

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
uberhahn

audio quality low here to on BT connection with 2009 Audi A4.

BT connection muffled, low tone.

previously connected 8830 was wonderful.

Please use plain text.
Developer
LarryMcJ
My Device: Tour

I agree fully with txskeets...there are literally thousands of people having the same couple of problems with the Tour (I was one of them). Muffled and low audio complaints from anyone you're talking to with it and BT/Hands Free auto connectivity and low audio problems.  I'm betting an OS upgrade will fix these, but doubt it will be the first upgrade...probably the one coming out after that.  
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
txskeets

I'm hopeful a software upgrade will fix this issue.  I know there have been some 'leaks' but I havent used them.  VZW is supposed to drop a MR any day now, and the 5.0 software should be out by years end (according to Crackberry), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
barryjkaufman

Don't wait for a software upgrade.....get the phone replced under warranty. I had the same issue and replaced the phone over trackball problem. I got a "refurbished" phone that works great. Both the trackball and bluetooth issues are fixed and the phone wokrs better than new.......
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
txskeets

I installed an updated version of the OS today on my 9630.  This seems to have resolved the BT issues I was having with my F150 and Ford Sync.  I called 5 people once I synced my phone back to my truck and every one of them said they could hear me fine now.

So, definately seems that this is a software issue and not a hardware issue.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
howard1f

I have a Mercedes GL450 and S550.  Neither vehicle's bluetooth works with this phone.  I have returned one Tour and replaced it with a new one.  Both worked for about 3 days and then they both turn off the radio and disable the control knob.  It tells the command center that the phone is in use, but it's not.  You can make a call, but it won't hang up with the car's controls.

I have spoken with Blackberry, Verizon and Mercedes.  Bottom line, the Tour is not a Mercedes approved phone.  The 8830 "World Edition" works fine and it's an approved phone.

Mercedes understands there's a problem and there's no estimate for a fix on their end or Blackberry's. 

The phone should not have been released.  I've had trackball sensitivity problems, the visual voicemail locks the phone up frequently and bluetooth is a distaster. 

The bluetooth on the phone does not work correctly with my Motorola headset.  It won't accept the hangup feature from the headset.

I'm returning the phone and going back to the 8830 until Blackberry gets their **bleep** together.  Very disappointing.

Please use plain text.