Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

gailouise
My Device: Blackberry 9650 Tour

Re: Issues with Car Bluetooth and the 9630

Wow.  I drive a 2009 Mazda 6i Grand Touring Edition and all this time I thought it was the freaking car.  I have been fighting with those poor folks my Mazda dealer for almost a year.  I am always told that my phone sounds as if I am in a tunnel with one bar of service.

New Contributor
DebW
My Device: Not Specified

Since I got the BB Tour I have had issues with it and pairing with my BMW 335xi. It kept trying to connect and then would not disconnect. I just had it in for service since my BMW Assist wasn't connecting properly and they fixed that and miraculously it also fixed my phone problem.

VerryBerry
My Device: 9630

[ Edited ]

I bought a Tour 9630 Friday May 30th. It had the 5.x.x.xxx version of software.  My 2009 BMX x6 would not connect.  I even had the BMW dealer upgrade my X6 to the most recent BMW software version to no avail.

Right now I am re-installing the berry to the 4.7.1.61 version.

I hope this works.

Does anyone know if RIM is working on fixing the new Tour 5.0+ version software?

On a side note I did try my berry in a late 2010 GT535 and it seemed to connect better in that...

VerryBerry
My Device: 9630

The install of 4.7.1.61 is working perfectly Fine!  Thanks RIM for costing me 200 bucks to upgrade the Beamer...  Probably needed it anyway for the twin turbo boost but whatever.

It would be great if a RIM Dev would post some details on a fix for the 5.0++

valvlady
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630

Did you ever hear a solution for this.  I have a Buick Enclave (pairs as GM) and it does the same thing; will not maintain connnection for more than 10 seconds.

I would appreciate you taking the time to help me, I drive 5K miles plus a month and really miss hands free.

Visitor
letsgopens
My Device: Tour 9630

This seemed to help to pair my Tour with a 2010 335i xdrive. I also did the following, based on another post I read (I *thought* somewhere on here): Manage connections--Bluetooth options--"Blackberry" button--Options, then under Device Address: There is a section called SERVICES.  Here, turn off headset and serial port profile.

After doing this, I was able to pair.  HOWEVER:  for some reason, I cannot pair unless the bluetooth on my Tour is turned on AFTER the car is started. If I enter the car with my bluetooth already on, then it just doesn't pair.

Any thoughts out there?

WML
New Contributor
WML
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: Issues with Car Bluetooth and the 9630 (Sprint solution)

I hate Blackberry!  The customer service department told me that because I did not resolve "my" issue within 5 days that I would have to pay BB $200 to tell me how to fix the problem......with no guarantee of resolution.  Disgusting service.  I tried to fix it and then had the misfortune of going on international travel for a month (ie: not available to fit into the BB customer service rules) and they kick me to the curb!

I have had to dig on my own to find this solution to make handsfree work on my BMW 525i.  It not like this is some exotic car.   This is the kind of corporate cusstomer service arrogance that makes one look forward to a contract to expire so I can ditch this clunker 9630.

Here is the URL to get the 4.7 operating system which is the one that works.  Do not "upgrade" to the 5.0 BB operating system as it is incompatible with BMW handsfree.  Here is the 4.7 download link:  http://shop.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/blackberry_9630.shtml

xoryn
My Device: Bold

[ Edited ]

This worked perfectly for me! Thank you Mitty!

On 04-09-2010 12:28 PM Mitty wrote:

"All - I solved the problem.  First, make sure you have the OS 5.0 on your BB 9630.  Then, ensure that the Bluetooth Device Properties are set for "yes" on trusted, "disabled" on encryption, and "off" for echo control.  Save all of this info.  Then, turn off your BB and take out the battery for a few minutes.  Put the battery back in.  Get in your car and  pair it with your bluetooth in the car (I have the Mercedes C300).  Hope this is helpful.  It miraculously worked for me.  But, then again, I believe in miracles."