Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

stevemj3dguy
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Issues with Car Bluetooth and the 9630

[ Edited ]
I have the Same issues. I had 8830 paired with Kenwood 5120 and could use hands free calling with no problems, Could stream music from 8830 to Kenwood audio was perfect. I just got my 9630 and is fails on calls and forget music. I did factory reset of my Kenwood 5120 and used default settings on 9630. I'm really disappointed that in 2009 I'm still haveing issues with bluetooth. 8830 worked perfect 9630 is a bluetooth nightmare. Someone at RIM is reading these post I hope. And by no means even bother blaming  the other companies (Kenwood) hardware.
Message Edited by stevemj3dguy on 07-18-2009 06:53 AM
Developer
LarryMcJ
My Device: Tour

@OurManInCHS:

The problem everyone is having with hands-free devices and BT headsets is NOT the volume on your end...it's how the persons hears you on the other end.  There are hundreds of complaints about it on the CrackBerry Tour 9630 forum.  I agree with you on the volume in the car...I actually had to turn my down several notches with the Tour, but the people I always talk to say I'm clear, but not nearly as loud on their end.  It's not a deal breaker for me...I love the Tour. 

GDF
New Contributor
GDF

Ive used BT for the first time last night Via U-Connect (Challenger SRT-8) and i had to repeat my self several times as she couldnt hear me well, but i could hear her loud and clear. My pearl seemed much better via BT
New Contributor
txskeets

It would be nice if somebody from Blackberry/RIM would post SOMETHING on here so we could get their thoughts.  I think this is really a much bigger issue then they realize due to the amount of people having this issue (check the crackberry forums for the Tour 9630, its at the top of the page as a sticky note).
Developer
LarryMcJ

I understand how you feel...we all want this answered.  But this, like all other "official" support forums, is a peer-to-peer support mechanism, and while I'm sure RIM gets info "from" the forum, direct customer support has to happen between the user and his/her carrier.  That's unfortunate...but it's true.  At least we have all these various forums that help a lot in many ways.  This volume issue will surely be fixed in some software future update, but it's not going to happen overnight.  Rest assured the RIM folks already know about this :-)
New Contributor
BNAtraveler

I, too, am having issues with Bluetooth and the 9630, but the troubles are very different than those reported here thus far.

1. Land Rover Range Rover Sport 2007: 9630 seizes the connection and incorrectly indicates to the car that there is a call in process, making me unable to listen to the radio when the 9630 is paired with the car.

2. XLink Cellular Gateway BT: Pairs just fine but no calls and/or audio are able to go across the connection.

No issues with my CDMA Pearl or Katana LX, just with this device. 

New Contributor
rscarlett

I'm along for the ride with this Bluetooth problem.

I noticed it first with my Jawbone.  And just today I tried out my new Blackberry Visor Mount Speakerphone...same deal.  I don't think it's a problem with the Bluetooth devices not being updated to work with the Tour.  Both devices paired without any difficulty.  

Hopefully we can get at least some acknowledgement that this issue is being addressed.

classj

For the most part peple can hear me fine WITHOUT the bluetooth. Although my previous phone was better.

With the bluetooth, I can hear fine, no one can hear me. I now have tried two Plantronics Voyager 510 (one old rev, one new rev), one motorola BT of unknown model (from a friend), and my Jeeps Uconnect system.

Some are slightly better than others, but I am screaming into all of them for people to hear me. I am completely sick of hearing the word WHAT? this week.

I am really hoping RIM comes out with a fix before the 30 day return policy on the phone elapses. Iturned off echo control which may have helped a tiny bit but so far the tour is great at everything, except being a phone. Kind of ironic.

Contributor
lindros2

After having an issue on a call with a Plantronics Voyager 370, I'm very close to pulling the plug.

I want RIM to acknowledge and address this issue - quickly.

Developer
LarryMcJ

@lindros2:

RIM is never going to acknowledge anything in these forums.  They're here for peer support and even if you were talking with a RIM person the answer would be "your support channel is through your carrier".  I understand this completely, but we all know how much they care at our local Verizon stores :-(  Try to be patient...they know about it and it will be fixed (I'll bet) in the next OS upgrade which probably won't be long...month or two.  It's not worth dumping the phone over.