Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry tour
Accepted Solution

My BBM chat not working

I had the BBM 5.0.33 and upgraded to the BBM 5.0.55 yesterday and today someone messaged me so I replied, and in the chat beside my message the icon is stuck at the little mini red clock instead of going to the check mark. I tried sending messages to all my other contacts but i get the same result. Soft Restarted my blackberry but it did nothing.

Very frustrated, seeing as how BBM is one of the key aspects to owning a blackberry, for me anyways.

help please

Solutions: 6,118
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My BBM chat not working

With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

A "soft restart" isn't the same thing as the above.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks, I'm trying right now. I've got the white loading screen with the clock in the middle. I'll tell you asap if it works.

New Contributor

IT WORKED THANK YOU

Solutions: 6,118
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

:smileyhappy: You are very welcome.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello there,

I am new to the blackberries so am finding them quite a hassle! I took in your advise and rebooted the phone, but then the red clock turned into a red "X"

i am not quite sure how to work BBM. I go onto the BBM icon, all my contacts say SMS contact even though I have entered their pin. I invite a person on my bbm, lets call her "A". I types in her pin, then it came up with "Pending (waiting for Authorization)" but she is in my contacts section. She has a blackberry, so how do I send her bbm messages so that they a free? She tried to tell me how to do it but my phone (she has the curve and I have the bold) didn't seem to have the options she was telling me!!

Please tell me how to use BBM as I want to get familiar with it soon!!

Many thanks,

cmurraybrown

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Hello,

I've just bought a Blackberry Curve 8520 from an individual, it's on orange and so I put my orange sim in it. BBM isn't working so I was just wondering how to get it working. Somebody told me that I couldn't because I didn't buy it from a shop. I was just wondering whether this is true, I didn't think it was, thanks for any help :smileyhappy:

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: tesco

hi i have a problem on my blackberry i can not send messages on bbm and i can not go on internet how do i solve the problem can you please help me
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Hi everyone My bbm hasn't worked all day I have a bold 9780 and have reset my phone about 4 times and nothing has worked. Basically I cannot send of receive bbms, I definitely have connection both through my vodaphone network and my wireless connection. I have also re-installed the bbm programme. Please help!! Thanks
My Device: blackberry bold
My Carrier: 3g

My bbm has been failing to work properly off and on for the last few days now its really frustrating trying to have a conversation and it freezes it will send without the tick I've done so many battery pulls but it only helps briefly

any ideas anyone?