Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
maxliyan
My Device: tour 9630
My Carrier: dialog
Accepted Solution

Need help with Restore

I tried to downgrade my 9630 device software through the BB website (with browser plugin) from the latest to the previous version as it was slowing down the device as i felt. the process was interrupted due to connection failure and did not complete. However the backing up process was done at the time it got interrupted. so i restarted the process and the phone is now working but my data had not being restored. please tell me if there's any way i could recover this from where ever it got backed up to. Note: i didn't use the desktop software but just the browser plugin like i always do.

Pleaaase help...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Need help with Restore

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Only one hope, and I am honestly not sure how the method you used handles the backup. Hopefully this is accurate. Search your entire hard drive for a file with IPD extension (*.IPD)...search deeply, in hidden and system folders as well. Inspect the results -- the date/time of the files will tell you when they were created. If one was created around the time that you were doing this update, then you can use it as the source of restore:

• KB23680 How to back up and restore BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maxliyan
My Device: tour 9630
My Carrier: dialog

Thanks a bunch Guru.. yes i did exactly that and found the IPD file on My documents. then installed the desktop software and did the restore process.. :smileyvery-happy: all back as it was.. this's why i love Blackberry. haha

Thank you so much for your help. cheers

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.