Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Developer
LarryMcJ
My Device: Tour

No Wireless Update on the Tour?

Why is "Wireless Update" no longer available on the Tour?  How else can we Mac users get OS updates?  It used to be under Options - Advanced Options...last entry.
Contributor
OurManInCHS
My Device: Verizon Blackberry Tour

Re: No Wireless Update on the Tour?

Developer
LarryMcJ

[ Edited ]

Thanks, and yes I've seen it, but on my Tour (and my Curve) the step: 

"Find and highlight the service book called Provisioning[OTASL]."

...does not exist in the Service Book.  So, there's nothing to delete :-(   I have an entry called Provisioning [PROVISIONING] but have been reluctant to try that as it might screw something up.  

Message Edited by LarryMcJ on 07-18-2009 01:29 PM
Contributor
Curefan72
My Device: Not Specified

Actually, if you scroll down a little further you will see the correct Provisioning OTAL. Follow instructions as article says, and it will work. I just did it myself.
New Contributor
rlh3rd

I see a wireless updat option on mine all the way at the bottom of the advanced options menu. I have not tried it but s that what you are all looking for?
Developer
LarryMcJ

It's definitely not on my Tour.  It doesn't matter anyway, it's going back in the morning.  I love the new OS, but there's just too much wrong with it...going back to my reliable Curve....or switching carriers to AT&T where at least I have more hardware choices.
Developer
LarryMcJ

I was waiting in the LONG service line at VZW and the guy in front of me also was returning his Tour for the same (audio quality) reason.  He checked and didn't have the Wireless Update entry either.  We both had OS 4.7.1.40.

NMI
NMI

That option is not available on my Tour either.

The "Provisioninig" line that the above linked article says to delete, is not present on the Tour (w/camera).

I called Verizon and they claim that "wireless update" check is not a feature made available by BlackBerry.