Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

My Device: Not Specified

PLEASE HELP! BBM is gone =-(

when i swapped devices the bbm on my new tour was deleted. i have tried to wipe handheld back to factory settings and have had no luck at all getting bbm back. does anyone have any ideas how to get it back?

All Replies
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: PLEASE HELP! BBM is gone =-(

When you say it was deleted, did you accidentally delete it?

If so, you need to reinstall your entire operating system.  Download the device operating system from your carrier (if you need help finding it, let us know who your carrier is and we'll can point you in the right direction) and install it on your computer.  Then follow the instructions located here to reinstall the OS on your phone:

Be sure to check BlackBerry Messenger when the option comes up for selecting what to install on your BlackBerry.  Also note that in this case, because you are just looking to install BlackBerry Messenger, you can skip step 4 if you like (or ensure that the boxes are not checked).  This will just install BlackBerry Messenger rather than doing a full OS reinstall.

That should help!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!