Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Visitor
jdcnec
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Phone Icon Gone - Dialer and End Keys Do Not Work

My phone dialer icon is missing and I cannot make calls as there is no phone icon and I cannot receive calls.  If you call my phone it rings then goes to voicemail.  I've tried all the posted solutions:  there is no green dialer button, I've showed all icons, I've checked to see if my movile network is checked and it is and I've removed my blackberry and reset the BB.  I've called Verizon and BB and no one knows what to do except to get a new phone.  I've done this 4 times.  I've escalated it and they say they've never heard of this before.  Any other suggestions?  Please help.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Phone Icon Gone - Dialer and End Keys Do Not Work

Hey Jdcnec,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To clarify when you press the phone button on the BlackBerry® smartphone it does not give you the option to dial a number? If this is the case I would suggest to do a clean reload of the BlackBerry® device software as shown here: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320, please test before restoring any data to the device.

If this resolves the issue do a selective restore of essential data (Address Book, Calendar, Task, Memos, BBM contacts etc.)
How to use BlackBerry® Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry® smartphone from a backup file
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

If the issue still persists after the reload, further investigation might be required. To help further diagnose the cause, contact your wireless service provider or BlackBerry® Technical Support Services for further review and support.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ekdcs
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizone Wireless

This same thing has happened to my boss who has the BB Bold 9930 -- 3 different times now. Is there a known cause or sequence of events that causes this to happen? The first time it happened, we wiped out the device -- that worked but took time; the next time we replaced the device. There's got to be some set of circumstances that causes this to happen. Symptoms: no phone icon; pressing the dial button does nothing; typing numbers and pressing the dial button does nothing; call management options are not listed in the options screen; calls cannot be received (go directly to voicemail. The BB doesn't know its a phone. There's got to be a cause for this? Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Haroonkhalid
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Warid

Restart your phone
========================================================
If you find my solution helpful then go to options and mark solved
Or you can just click the thumbs up button .
Follow me on twitter :
@haroonkhalid111
Thanks ,
Regards
Haroonkhalid
Please use plain text.