Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,957
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Phone Won't Turn on After battery died

I don't know, you haven't mentioned those specifics about it dying.

I would try my suggestions above.

If nothing, try using BBSAK to connect.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nevermore
My Device: Torch 9800

I apologize for not being precise enough. I followed your suggestion above, since the phone does not turn on or respond in any way I could not follow your first set of instructions. As for your second set the "apploader" (as I said earlier) does not show anything, it is a blank.

I have now installed BBSAK and opened it, BBSAK prompts by saying that it does not detect a device.
Please use plain text.
Aedwards96
My Device: Curve 9300

JSanders wrote:

Are you seeing on the screen a battery symbol with a slash (/) through it?

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the USB cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage). If it doesn't reboot on the first attempt, leave it several more hours. I've had one charge for two days before it came back to life after an extreme battery depletion. Every 3-4 hours, with the device still connected to the charger, you can remove and replace the battery to see if it reboots.

If not, no dead battery symbol... If your BlackBerry stays powered off with a black screen, follow the instructions below. The only indication of life might be the blinking red LED light in the top corner. Nothing seems to wake it up and Desktop Manager doesn't recognize any device is connected.

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

Ive tried all that you have posted and my Blackberry wont even connect to my laptop.. Ive also tried the other suggestions and none of them have worked. Help me please cause i am ripping my air out over his...

Thank you

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Aedwards96, what is the state of your BlackBerry, no LED activity at all, you see the no battery symbol on the screen or what?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
ayush31b
My Device: cure 9320 3g

Well, I dont know why this worked. 

I tried everything, there was no LED while charging, phone was not powering on. I just pulled my memory card out and it booted. 

Even with my previous blackberry, this worked.

hope this works for you as well  :smileyhappy:

cheers!! 

Please use plain text.
sbpait
My Device: Bold Touch 9930

Try removing the battery for 30 seconds and then put it back in. Worked for me on at least 6 Blackberry's.

Please use plain text.
EmberSH
My Device: Curve

Guys, when my phone did this last night I noticed that after the red light turned off the screen flashed a little, as if trying to turn on.
If this is happening to you the solution is (luckily) far quicker. Watch your phone; When the red light turns off pull the battery out BEFORE the screen flashes, wait for the no battery sign to appear, then re-insert the battery. I did this about six times, then left the battery in. By this point it had accumilated enough charge to start up without fully re-drainig the battery.
(My red flashes were very slow, though. You probably know roughly how long your BB should charge before you can turn it on. Repeat the cycle for longer if you feel it's necissary. :smileyhappy: )

Please use plain text.
ahmadhadimunir
My Device: z10

hello. my blackberry z10 have a problem to turn on. when i connect my z10 to a charger, the led is on about 10seconds and then a blackberry word came to the screen but my z10 will turn off and repeat all this things over again. can anyone help me?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

ahmadhadimunir wrote:

hello. my blackberry z10 have a problem to turn on. when i connect my z10 to a charger, the led is on about 10seconds and then a blackberry word came to the screen but my z10 will turn off and repeat all this things over again. can anyone help me?

You're posting your issue in the BlackBerry Tour model 9630 section, you have a Z10.

Try this... with your BlackBerry charging and connected to the OEM stock wall outlet charger, remove the battery a minute and replace to reboot.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
berhn143
My Device: Blackberry 8300 Curve

hi i also have problems with my BB tour 9630, when i inserted the newly bought battery , only red flash turns on later it would reseton his own. time and time again. .  i dont know what to do. i love my BB tour 9630, in many threads they suggest to reinstall data. but how?? is it that effective.. .. need ur replies techie masters. truly yours berhn 

Please use plain text.