Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
applesseed
My Device: Tour

*SOLVED* Unable to remove app icon from BlackBerry App World after uninstalling the app

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to remove Player For YouTube application by Smarter Apps. After deleting the app it still shows when I go to the BlackBerry App World > My World list.  The icon app is listed, and underneath it shows uninstalled. However I just want it to be completely off my list - but how?

I did two methods of deleting the app. First method was to go to Options > Applications (Third Party) > highlighted the app and Delete. Rebooted the device and even did a battery pull.  The app showed in the My World list so I re-installed the app and went on to the second delete method.

The second delete method I did was to connnect my device to Desktop Manager. I made sure to uncheck the application. Rebooted, and did a battery pull. Unfortunately it still shows in the My World list as uninstalled; how do I remove the icon from the list??

I explained the exact method that I did to the Smarter Apps support. Their response is exactly as shown: "The application is gone. The problem is with the BlackBerry App World application. You should contact them to resolve the problem."

Before I contact BlackBerry (which I'm unable to find out how), I'm hoping someone in the forum knows a thing or two on how to remove the app from the list. I even did a search on manually deleting the module. Well, how do I access the module if the app is not listed in the Application (Third Party) list? Would re-installing the app, deleting the module, and then delete the app solve the issue?

Anyone could help me, I'd be appreciated. I just don't like seeing icons listed even after it's deleted. I just don't want to see that icon anymore!

BlackBerry Tour 9630

Verizon Wireless

Trusted Contributor
Office2Mobile
My Device: Curve 8320

Re: Unable to remove app icon from BlackBerry App World after uninstalling the app

applesseed,

I have not tried this myself. Since you stated that it only appears when you go into App World and it does state uninstalled, the program is off your handheld and the App World is only showing you its history. I can only assume that this only associated with App World. If you uninstall and reinstall App World while this unwanted application is uninstalled .. does it still show on the list?

If the application is uninstalled by your both methods, I don’t see how it will have any adverse effect if it's on the list.

Office2Mobile
Poor Service and the Worst Support provided by VarDynamics http://vardynamics.com/
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Unable to remove app icon from BlackBerry App World after uninstalling the app

Hello,

To confirm, all paid apps that you purchase via AppWorld will forever show in MyWorld. The state that they show (e.g., installed, uninstalled, etc.) is dictated by the state they are in. If that state is "uninstalled" and the app does not show on the Options Application list, then the app is not installed and is consuming nothing.

Basically, the AppWorld servers retain the record of your purchase so that, should you wish to have the app sometime in the future, you can re-obtain it without having to pay again. If they did not retain record and you wished it in the future, you'd have to pay again...resulting in a different set of "challenges".

Now, if that's a free app, then you can remove it from the MyWorld list by clearing the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Storm/Pearl -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

4a. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

When you next go into MyWorld, no apps will show at all. When you log into MyWorld using your PayPal credentials, your paid apps will re-synchronize from the AppWorld servers in the state that they presently are in (e.g., installed, uninstalled, etc.).

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
applesseed
My Device: Tour

sdgardne

YOU are awesome!

I didn't know that even the AppWorld application has a cache folder - by clearing the cache it removed the free app I had previously installed - Player For YouTube.

THANKS!! :smileyhappy:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
angie2326
My Device: Curve 8330 Tour 9630

OMG you are AWESOME!! I have been searching this for a while!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Contributor
Shari2561
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330 RBU21CW

Where are my Uninstalled Apps???

since the BB ID thing started I cannot find any of my uninstalled apps... I don't want to pay again for something I'd like back...

Can Anyone Help?
Shari

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Re: Where are my Uninstalled Apps???

Shari2561 wrote:

since the BB ID thing started I cannot find any of my uninstalled apps... I don't want to pay again for something I'd like back...

Can Anyone Help?
Shari

If you are on AppWorld 2.0, then the clear cache no longer seems to work and has been replaced by a "Refresh List" command in MyWorld. Try that and your listed apps should be fully refreshed (including, I discovered, previously deleted free apps).

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
minimeister
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: Where are my Uninstalled Apps???

It used to work for the App world but I have NO Joy...

this is quite annoying.. I also cannot delete facebook messages that suddenly appeared today. Some of the messages are over a year old and are not stored on facebook

jessiebba
My Device: curve 8520

Re: *SOLVED* Unable to remove app icon from BlackBerry App World after uninstalling the app

i have done what you said but there is still a notification on my home screen , its the notification meaning i have to update something i only have , bbm , facebook and windows live messenger none on them need instaling! how do i get rid of the notification on my home scren?! thanks