Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Visitor
BKocur2
My Device: Not Specified

Separate BES mailbox on Tour?

Hello there!

I have heard rumors that RIM was eventually going to fix the BB OS to allow for a seperate mailbox for Enterprise Server emails.  Was this change ever made?  If so is it possible on the Tour?

I have used the Empower BES mailbox and the search shortcut method to filter out my corporate emails before, but I am curious if there is a new option yet?  Also I checked with my BES Admin and they will not push an icon through for me since this will affect all users and they do not want that.

If not I will probably just get the EMpower BES mailbox again like I had on my previous BB device.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Separate BES mailbox on Tour?

Hi there!

FYI (mostly for others who read this thread) -- There is nothing broken for RIM to fix.

By default, BES email is put only into the Messages icon/app. BIS emails are placed into their own icons, but they remain contained in the main Messages app. This is how it works by default. It is not redundant -- rather, think of Messages as the catch-all place, with the independent BIS icons being a filter, pulling (from Messages) to them only the messages that pertain to them...but if you act on an email (read, delete, etc.) in one, the change will be reflected in the other.

Your BES Admin can push a BES-only email icon to your device. This solution is free, but must be conducted at the BES server, and will affect all users on that BES server. (Yes, I know that your BES admins have refused this option.)

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15003

Or you can get the Empower BES Inbox application. This solution costs (per user), but does not require a change at the server, and only affects the one user. (Yes, I know that you've used this.)

http://www.getempower.com/Empower_BES_MailBox.php

Neither solution will do anything about Messages -- it will continue to contain everything that it today contains. All they will do is activate an additional icon on your homescreen that is a filter for your BES-only emails. You can hide or move the Messages icon/app somewhere out of the way, but beware -- there are more than just emails that arrive in Messages...there will come a day when you have a new message flag and only by digging through Messages will you be able to find that message.

Hopefully that helps explain how it all works!

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.