Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
Accepted Solution

Several Issues with my Tour

I love my Tour, but here are some problems I am having:

-  when I wanted to do a diagnostic test, I clicked on options, mobile network, menu and diagnostic test-- I read about how to do this elsewhere.  The result is that the screen said 'empty'.  Am I missing something I should have and how do I get it?

-  when I am in the calendar-- let's say on a Tuesday, and I am about to enter a new appointment, all too often the day has changed to Wednesday or some other day.  Since I use the calendar for work, and I schedule a lot of appts., this is very bothersome.  Is there a way to keep on the same day?

-  the trackball issues mostly come up when I play a game-- e.g., word mole.  It takes several tries to get to the letter that I want to enter.  I read that the os upgrade is supposed to improve trackball performance, but Verizon doesn't yet have it available

-  sound quality using blue tooth in my car not as clear as the cruve-- but the os upgrde is supposed to address that as well.  

-  some of the keys are hard to press

I got my Tour on the first day it came out.  Maybe I should have waited.  I can live with most of these other issues, but the calendar issue is a real problem.  I have tried setting the horizontal and vertical key sensitivities to different levels, but it doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas, suggestions, commiserations?

Liz aka tilly4

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Several Issues with my Tour

the trackball is a hardware issue. you should bring it back to the store, see if they can give you a new one or a refurbished replacement. im on like my 6th tour (i am not sure if its 5 or 6). 

www.whatsgoodblog.com
What's Good is your one stop site reviews about everything.

http://www.whatsgoodblog.com/featured/how-to-install-beta-os-or-other-carrier-os-on-blackberry-with-desktop-manager-for-mac/
Regular Contributor

Josh,

What happens when you exchange a balckberry?  I put a lot of time and effort into adjusting the settings that I have-- e.g., on my iberry slider theme-- and I would hate to lose them.  I do back up using desk top manager every night, but that didn't help much when I tried the os upgrade.  It's kind of a sad statment about quality control if you have to go through 5 or 6 to get a good one.  Have others had that experience?

Liz aka tilly4

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

your settings, contacts and media card are transfered but no third party apps or anything like that that you downloaded to the berry. theres a good guide here

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/12/21/how-to-back-up-your-blackberry-applications/

about how to do it. 

www.whatsgoodblog.com
What's Good is your one stop site reviews about everything.

http://www.whatsgoodblog.com/featured/how-to-install-beta-os-or-other-carrier-os-on-blackberry-with-desktop-manager-for-mac/
Regular Contributor

Josh,

Thanks a million!  I was hesitant to go into Verizon because I didn't want to go through having to download and install everything again.  Now I feel more optimistic about getting a Tour that operates properly.  Kudos!!

Liz