Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

hojan
My Device: Blackberry Tout 9630

Synchronization Error Unable to access local folders if your Outlook profile uses the Hotmail connector. You must create a local data store (PST) and set it as the default directory location for the profile.

I do not use Hotmail and so I do not understand why I need to create a new data store.  Furthermore, I do not know how to create this data store.  Any body know how to get me by this problem.  It started when I downloaded the latest update as directed.

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Synchronization Error Unable to access local folders if your Outlook profile uses the Hotmail connector. You must create a local data store (PST) and set it as the default directory location for the profile.

Hi hojan,

Welcome to the Support Community!

Do you have a Connector add-in included in your Microsoft® Outlook®? Has your Microsoft® Outlook® already been setup for use and is it using a PST file? The BlackBerry® Desktop Software requires a PST file to synchronize with.

This KB article provides more information on this error message. "A Hotmail connector error appears when attempting to synchronize with Microsoft Outlook using the BlackBerry Desktop Software" http://bbry.lv/YxeiXl

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!