Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

carlsongm
My Device: Not Specified

Text Messages

I wanted to know if there was a way that when someone sends me a text message that it automatically pops up with the sender's name/profile as well as like a few lines in the message (like a preview).  Kind of like when someone calls you, you can immediately see who it is that is calling.  Currently when someone sends me a text, the screen remains blank and i can't see who it was from without going into my messages app.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

Re: Text Messages

if you use the today theme and have your SMS going to your MESSAGES icon instead of the seperate SMS icon, then the today theme would give a brief description of all email, including SMS that comes into the messages icon.

not sure 100% as I dont use SMS, but worth a try

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
raybo123
My Device: BB Tour 9630 / Sprint

good advice to be sure but i think the tour has no native today themes, prolly have to dl one tho
Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote! - - Benjamin Franklin
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mrosenbaum
My Device: 9650 (Bold) / VZW v5.0.0.699

Just FYI re: SMS texting, the new OS has a completely new looking interface for SMS text threads.  (v5.0.0.191) but there are no Theme options, only the one that comes with the OS.  Just FYI.
Maurice
Please use plain text.