Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

kstor68
My Device: Not Specified

The Mysterious Case of the Missing Text Messages

I've had a BB Tour on the Sprint network for a month. A friend of mine on T-Mobile, and I text a lot. I received a text on a Monday night, then heard nothing from them all week and on Friday a text came through saying "Are you still ignoring me?" I said what are you talking about, they said they had sent a message every day and I never received them.

Today, a friend of mine sent me a message in the morning (uses Verizon). I wrote them back. They then sent me three additional emails today and I never received any of them.

I contacted Sprint and they were of no use. I did a battery pull (many times), for what good that did (it didn't). I also spent a lot of the day goofing around with the Host Routing Table and also updated the Service Book.

It's not that I don't get texts, I just don't get all of them, they're intermittent and I'm not roaming. Where do they go? These days people seem so reliant on texting that they think you're ignoring them if you don't respond, but I'm just not getting the messages!

Thanks for any help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
andyvm
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: The Mysterious Case of the Missing Text Messages

Guy at work had a similar problem, turned out the messages were being sent to the users work phone number instead of their mobile number. Any way to verify what number the messages were sent to?

Please use plain text.