Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

shermhump
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Tour 9630 Trackball issue

Hi guys, heres what worked for me.

Options > Screen & Keyboard >

Then Under Trackball... Set the Horizontal Sensitivity from 70 to 80. Dont put it any higher because it gets really hard to control.

It works perfect now. Hope it heps you all.

Please use plain text.
MizLiz
My Device: Tour 9630

Mine was pretty crummy too...but then I went into options and tinkered a bit.  Now it works just fine.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
needledown

I had the same problem,  5 days into using the phone the track ball would barley move to the left.

I HELD THE BALL IN and moved the track ball all around for a few seconds in all directions and it seemed to fix it. 

Im still thinking of returning and waiting for the the storm 2........

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sockeye

Any news whether this is a software issue which can be remedid with an update or hardware issue???
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sockeye

I freakin' hate this phone because of it
Please use plain text.
dmbatey

I had a Tour from Verizon that had trouble the first 2 days and was at the point that I returned it to the store.  My new one has worked well up until this week and I'm about to return to the curve.  Its just to frustrating.  I have adjust settings up to 90 but its not working correctly.  Ends up jumping around the screen that high. 

Besides mine we have 4 other ones at my work that I ordered.  Out of those 4, 2 are having issues with the trackball one is to the point of replacment too.  All are having issue scrolling to the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZAv_3dBGq4

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DRays

Yeah, my tour also seemed to have sketchy scrolling out of the box. I'm not sure if it's gotten worse in the week or two I've had the phone or not, possibly. My vertical seems more or less ok, but the horizontal is a lot more iffy. The funny thing is that in the browser, the cursor seems to move more or less ok, but when I'm browsing therough the home/app screen, not so much. Also, how the heck to do replace the trackball in these things!?!? Definitely does not seem easy like in previous models like my 8830.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DRays

Yeah, my tour also seemed to have sketchy scrolling out of the box. I'm not sure if it's gotten worse in the week or two I've had the phone or not, possibly. My vertical seems more or less ok, but the horizontal is a lot more iffy. The funny thing is that in the browser, the cursor seems to move more or less ok, but when I'm browsing therough the home/app screen, not so much. Also, how the heck to do replace the trackball in these things!?!? Definitely does not seem easy like in previous models like my 8830.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johnmac1952

I tried every convuleted setting to get my TOUR trackball to work with no luck.

I went back to Verizon and explained the problem. They told me NO PROBLEM

and gave me a BRAND new one right out of the box. The trackball on the new one

works perfectly. Since this is covered under the warranty I think that this is the 

ONLY way to go to get what you want.

:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fegotay
My Device: Tour 9630

I am on my third tour, the first one was impossible to move the trackball to the sides, the second one, was very hard to move it to the side but the third one is perfect (at least for now). If yours doesn't work right, forget about the trackball settings, just exchange it. It should work perfect right from the box.
Please use plain text.