Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Reply
New Contributor
freakroc
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎12-11-2009
My Device: Tour - 9630

Re: Tour 9630 Trackball issue

KNOWN  ISSUE

 

It took  (3 tech people) over one hour on the phone with Verizon Tech to disclose this. Horizontal movement can become impaired with earlier models. I would move the trackball to the right or left and it would either do nothing, or the icon highlighter would move in the opposite direction. They ended up swapping mine out for a (refurbished) unit. The replacement unit works fine so far.

Contributor
francin
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎04-09-2008
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Tour 9630 Trackball issue

With all due respect, I had one of the initial phones, started having horrible trackball issues, called my provider (Verizon) they gave me a refurbished phone and until today that was working perfectly.  Now my trackball is once again having issues, this time it's in the vertical motion - it'll go up but not down.  I again called my provider, they're sending me yet another refurbished phone.  How many times am I a going to have to do this until I get a phone that works ALL the time?

Contributor
krystuhhhllllll
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎12-22-2009
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630

Re: Tour 9630 Trackball issue

my trackball is perfect

 

it MAY be because of your options

 

go to :

 

OPTIONS/SETTINGS, SCREEN/KEYBOARD , THEN ALL THE WAY DOWN TILL YOU SEE TRACKBALL

 

PUT HORIZONTAL SENSITIVITY ON 80 AND VERTICAL ON 80 IT SHOULD BE PERF!

Blackberrrrryyyyy*s3
New Member
gbarry27
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎12-28-2009
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: Tour 9630 Trackball issue

I have a Verizon phone. Did you call your carrier and have the phone sent or did you have to go to the store?

 

The Verizon store is always a zoo, and I imagine it is going to be even more zoo-like this week.

New Member
jtrenton
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎04-28-2010
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: Tour 9630 Trackball issue

I did the most recent RIM update and now my trackball seems to not want to move in the expanded menu.  It works fine in BBM and the shortcut menu, but I can't access other programs now.

 

Result of the update?  Also, characters seem slow to respond after pressing "alt".

 

Any ideas?

New Contributor
rgruenhaus
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎06-01-2008
My Device: Curve 8530

Re: Tour 9630 Trackball issue

[ Edited ]

I had the 8330 Curve and my trackball got lint and dust in it and it did the same as the Tour is doing.

 

I took the trackball out and found the lint had jammed up the one of four rollers and had to be cleaned.  I cleaned it, but it did not last long, so I replaced the trackball and it was fine since then.

Rob G
New Contributor
Seattlenerd
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎09-22-2009
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Tour 9630 Trackball issue

Unlike the Curve, the Tour trackball can't be easily removed or replaced.

 


rgruenhaus wrote:

I had the 8330 Curve and my trackball got lint and dust in it and it did the same as the Tour is doing.

 

I took the trackball out and found the lint had jammed up the one of four rollers and had to be cleaned.  I cleaned it, but it did not last long, so I replaced the trackball and it was fine since then.


 

New Member
SoCalCoastie
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎01-10-2011
My Device: Tour

Re: Tour 9630 Trackball issue

 


jtrenton wrote:

I did the most recent RIM update and now my trackball seems to not want to move in the expanded menu.  It works fine in BBM and the shortcut menu, but I can't access other programs now.

 

Result of the update?  Also, characters seem slow to respond after pressing "alt".

 

Any ideas?


I am having the same issue with a replacement phone that was sent to me by Assurion...How did you resolve your issue?

 

 

Thanks!

Contributor
aledc78
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎08-04-2009
My Device: HTC EVO 4G

Re: Tour 9630 Trackball issue

 


SoCalCoastie wrote:

 


I am having the same issue with a replacement phone that was sent to me by Assurion...How did you resolve your issue?

 

 

Thanks!


i resolved it by leaving blackberry and moving to android. Now I have the EVO 4G and wont look back at another berry...

New Member
trhhai
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎03-04-2013
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: Tour 9630 Trackball issue

It's work like a charm. Thank so much