Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
fegotay
My Device: Tour 9630

Tour 9630 Trackball issue

Since the first day,  my trackball isn't working right.  It goes vertically really good but its very hard to get it to the sides, especially to the right.  Even try to put the horizontal scroll settings to 80-100 and it didn't work.

Anyone got any solutions besides returning the phone?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ramonaquimby
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Tour 9630 Trackball issue

havne't heard of this. sounds like you need an exchange
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
awdietz

I've had the exact same problem, the horizontal scrolling seems to lag a lot, and this happened straight out of the box.  So most Tours don't have this problem?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bwoodwardrph

Same problem here, horizontal movement is erratic.   I'm not getting a good impression of my first Blackberry.  Not only that, Sprint wont have any in-store to exchange until Thursday. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zzev

I had this issues -- up, left and right scrolling were easy, but down required more force and worked intermittently.  Happened as soon as I took it out of the box... I took it back to verizon and they exchanged it no problem.  new one works perfectly.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Knocks
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

I'm having the issue with horozintal scrolling as well.  Before requesting an exchange, I am trying to figure out if this is a software or hardware issue.  If this could be solved by reloading the OS, I would prefer that to a return.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcmalburg

I had the exact same problem.  UP/DOWN = Good.  LEFT = so so.   RIGHT = bad.

Returned the phone under warranty. New one is great.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yappcd

Ditto here up and down very good.  Left ok and right is awful.  I have only had it for one day.  Sprint just overnighted me another one.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bwoodwardrph

Thats funny, Sprint refused to overnight the phone to me.  They told me it would be 3-5 business days before I would get the phone.  I would be double billed until we they received the return.  Apparently Sprint doesnt care about customer service.  No resolution after 45 minutes on the phone.  Basically they told me and my wife to figure it out ourselves and the only choice was to wait until the store gets them. They also refused to get us a manager on the phone after the service rep failed to help.

Brandon

Please use plain text.
valberico

I have the same exact issue described by several. up, down okay left so, so and right horrible. If you put the back of the phone to your ear and listen as you move the trackball, you can hear the distinct differences along each axis/direction. Seems like the small wheel is not gripping when scrolling right. I have found that if you apply very light pressure while scrolling it will work better.

This is kind of alarming being that the trackball assembly is such and involved process to remove for cleaning. I wished they would have just a single screw under the battery which could allow easy removal of the trackball. Anyway, Sprint sent me a replacement.

-VA

Please use plain text.