Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
yappcd
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Tour 9630 Trackball issue

Guys, Guys you must learn how to deal with these companies.  First, they told me go to the store an exchange it.  I called the Sprint store and they told me that it has not been sent to the stores yet.  So I called back and was told 5-8 days.  I told them that I would not accept having a phone for 1 day and then having to wait 1 week to get another one.  I then asked to speak with a manager, of course, they were all busy.  At this point I told them that none of the options give to me is doable an that I would be speaking with the Retention departement (these are the guys with the power).  I called and was really calm but informed them that I am not going to allow a company to sell me something that is defective and have me wait to have it replaced.  He told me about the double billing but I do understand that for accounting purposes that they will have to bill the second one until the first one is received back (standard practice).  However, he asked did they tell you that one is on the way to you.  I said no.  He got off the phone and came back about 7 minutes later and said, sir, I am sorry for the misunderstanding but we will have a phone to you within the next two days.  Anyway, it was sent overnight mail and I received it today.  I called yesterday.  It is working fine.  Give them a chance but be calm.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbinwilly

I am having the EXACT same problem, able to scroll up/down and left, but scrolling to the right works only half the time. I was talking to a friend of mine last night who also got the Tour this week and he too is having the exact same issue. It would be nice if RIM was to fess up to it and tell us what to do. I'm going to try to get a replacement but I'm afraid it might have the same issue. If true, then I'll just go back to my Curve until this issue is fixed.

On another note, I am also having an issue with the bluetooh in my car. When talking to ppl over bluetooth they say my voice comes in EXTREMELY low, something I never had with the Curve. Not sure if other ppl are having Bluetooth issues as well.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pitviper40
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

The trackball on the Tour is very inferior to the trackball on the Curve.. I just went from a Curve to a Tour this week...so far overall, i do enjoy the Tour, but i wish they would have improved the trackball performance or at least matched the Curve....disappointing

SC
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sepanian

I'm having the SAME EXACT issue as well. This is my first BB; I just switched over from the HTC Touch Pro and I love the BB; however, the trackball horizontal scrolling lag is very irritating. My friend, who had the Curve, told me that it's even more irritating if you've had a BB before with the trackball and it worked fine and now this problem on the Tour is even more noticable. I see where he's coming from. However, I don't see any point in asking Sprint for an exchange because it appears as if everyone is having this problem and if you ask for a replacement, you'll probably get another Tour with the same issue. This is IMO.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yappcd

My replacement works great, you should ask for a replacement they are aware of the issue.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sepanian

I'm afraid of asking for a replacement and end up getting a freaking refurbished one or something. LOL
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yappcd

No chance of getting a refurbished item when it is within 30 days of purchase and on such a new item.
Please use plain text.
evadedave

i had this issue but i went to my options tab, clicked screen/keyboard, and scrolled down and set my horizontal and vertical sensitivity higher than the 70 it came with and that made my horizontal scrolling better.  maybe this will help you as well.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbinwilly

I am happy to inform that after asking and receiving a replacement the issue is no longer there.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sepanian

I did the same thing as far as setting the horizontal sensitivity to 90 and it works fine now but I can still tell that there is a bit of a lag and that the problem still exists; however, it isn't as annoying anymore. Maybe I will ask for a replacement as well to see what the next one I receive feels like.
Please use plain text.