Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
pwoehl
My Device: Not Specified

Tour 9630 and Bluetooth problem

I'd like to be able to transfer the files from my Windows computer to BB Tour 9630 using Bluetooth so I don't have to carry the cable around. I've successfully paired my computer with my BB and have gone into options for Desktop Manager and tried configuring Bluetooth.  All looks fine, but it never connects.  I put my BB in discover mode and have the BB Desktop Manager Bluetooth options try to Add it but it never finds it.  I've even tried un-pairing it from Windows Bluetooth in case that was conflicting and starting from scratch, but no luck.  Am I missing something here? I'm using Win XP SP2, BlackBerry Device software 4.1 and have given it a unique name.  thanks

Patrick

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Tour 9630 and Bluetooth problem

Hang on, I'm a little confused. This is the process:

1) Pair the BB and the PC to each other.

2) Make them each Trust each other.

3) Put the BB into "receive using BT" mode.

4) Initiate the send from the PC.

Most people skip step3 and just try to initiate a send from the other device...doesn't work...you must set the BB specifically into receive mode via:

• Homescreen > Media > BBKey > Explore > navigate to the folder you want the received file to land in > BBKey > Receive Using BT

Then initiate the send from the PC.

I don't think making the BB nor the PC discoverable matters once you've set them to trust each other.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.