Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Contributor
LuvMyVette
My Device: Tour 9630 OS 4.7.1
My Carrier: Verizon

Tour Battery Problem Fix

My wife and I both got BB Tours on Feb 12.  Two weeks later, the battery in her Tour began acting up.  After a full charge, it would only last for 5 1/2 hours and would be completely discharged.  I checked all the normal suggestions, Bluetooth off, 1XEV vs Global, running apps etc. nothing on her Tours was out of the ordinary. 

The battery in my Tour would last for at least 2 days (Global, Bluetooth on, screen brightness 100).

I can't guarantee this will fix the battery problem with all Tours but here's what I did to fix the problem with my wife's Tour.

1. Charge the Tour until it was at 50% capacity.
  2. Turn the Tour off and remove the battery.
  3. Remove the SD card and re-insert it.
  4. Remove the SIM card and re-insert it.
  5. Wait 5 minutes
  6. Insert the the battery and turn on Tour.
  7. Charge fully.

Her Tour was fully charged at 2am.  I disconnected the charger and now 9 1/2 hours later the battery is at 80% capacity.  This is after connecting to Facebook at 9:30am and just letting the app run.

Hope this helps someone else.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LuvMyVette

Re: Tour Battery Problem Fix

I shutdown Facebook at noon (10 hours after removing from charge) and the battery was at 75 %.

Now, 6:30 pm, the battery is at 70% charge after 16 1/2 hours of being on.

That's definitely better than the 5 1/2 hours it lasted before.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LuvMyVette

Well people, it's been 5 days now since my initial post.

The battery in my wife's phone is still holding its charge and not rapidly draining like before.

It will now last for 2 days on a single charge.

At the time when I took out the battery, SIM card and SD card, I noticed the lower back of the phone was unusually warm.

I now tend to think the SD card was somehow causing the problem because I took the battery out previously and put it back in and it would still drain fast.

The SIM card had been in the phone since day one so I doubt that was the problem.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
diffused
My Device: Z10

Thanks for this useful info. I have been watching and will use this for future reference. My fix for this was to buy the extended battery. I will try this out with the old battery this weekend just to see.
~diffused
Z10, OS - 10.1.0.2151
Verizon
Please use plain text.
mscrosse
My Device: blackberry tour 9630
My Carrier: sprint

Trying this method now, i have the battery charging to full. Hopefully it works because I had a full battery at 2 am and by 7 am I woke up and the phone was shut off and would not turn on due to a dead battery.. insane, I just bout this phone 2 weeks ago!

Please use plain text.
myblckbrysfun
My Device: Blackberry 9630

WARNING:  Do NOT follow the above instructions.  This could cause you to lose all data and have to restore your blackberry.  You will still lose very important info and any downloads unless you back your phone up 1st.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
diffused
My Device: Z10

I can't imagine why you would say that. It will not cause any harm in the least as these practices are done randomly by most BB users at some point. I did this and did notice a very clean running and a slightly longer battery life.
~diffused
Z10, OS - 10.1.0.2151
Verizon
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Starjazz
My Device: Tour 9630

Must say, I was highly skeptical of this fix; however, I'm pleased to announce that this did add a substantial amount of time to my battery life.  Thank you very much!

Please use plain text.