04-07-2013 07:42 PM
Each time i try to upgrade to 5.0 Bundle 1600 on Blackberry Desktop Software, it is tell me " An error has occured while downloading software for your device" it goes on about if there is a problem with my internet conncection etc..
My internet works perfectly fine, i even tried another blackpberry but it worked but not on my tour 9630. So..how can i get this fixed
04-08-2013 10:29 AM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
For some reason (can't know), the "automatic" function of this update can't complete correctly. Therefore, you need to override and force the update to what you desire. The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!