Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

PhilDomenico
My Device: Not Specified

Tour Today Screen

I dont know if i should throw my new tour against the wall or return it...why would BB eliminate the Today themes from the new Tour??  Please help me get back the today screen!!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Tour Today Screen

Hi there!

Unless I am mistaken, Themes are 3rd party add-ons...not RIM-provided. As such, you might want to seek out the developer of your favorite Today theme and ask them if they are going to have one for the Tour...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
VJgamer

Previous iterations of BlackBerry devices (Curve 8330) came preloaded with multiple themes. There is the operator's custom theme (Sprint or Verizon), and the themes provided by RIM, including a Today screen. It would seem that the Tour did not come shipped with any preloaded Themes besides the operators own theme. Theme developers are also currently unable to create themes for the 9630 due to a limitation with the Plazmic Theme Builder program. It would seem that all of us Today screen fans will be waiting until Plazmic releases an updated version of their Theme Builder.
Please use plain text.
Jlee05

I am so glad I am not the only one missing the TODAY theme screen.  I CANNOT believe BB didn't have that as an option pre-loaded on the Tour Software. I LOVE my BB TOUR, but I really, really liked the TODAY theme on my Curve.  If anybody knows any info about when a TODAY theme may come available for the BB TOUR, please reply to this post and let me know.  Thanks so much!
Please use plain text.
edysan2294
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630

Hi guys! I am new to the whole BB experience being that my BBTour is my first BB device and I love it!!  But now to the matter at hand; to the poster: Plazmic has released its update to the developing kit version 4.7. This update will let you create themes for new devices like Storm and Tour, (or so the web site says), once you download an update for the developer kit. Here's the link to the page where the software and the update are located.  Hope I can be of help!

Please use plain text.