Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
smileystar78
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Tour with OS 5.0 Rebooting randomly

I have not found a fix yet and I'm at my wit's end.  This phone is becoming useless.  Each time it reboots (5 or 6 times a day), the battery bars decrease.  I can barely use the phone and within a few hours, I'm down to one bar. 

Honestly, I don't feel like taking it into the store to get it fixed.  I am so sick of this.   I am probably just going to switch to Android even though it's too early for me to get phone discounts with my contract.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
aaaall

If i have problem like that, I would back up the apps, data then:

1. Reload the old known good working OS version to see if my BB OK, then upgrade to 5.0. OR

2. Wipe out BB, install OS 5.0. then install your Apps. OR

3.Leave the 5.0 but remove one by one Third party software to see which causes the reboot.

Do you have the "Quickpull" installed? i might not be this app, cuz mine works fine but had problem with other third party software.

You might have a third Party Apps conflicts with 5.0

I know it will take too much time to do these! Good Luck

Please use plain text.
abbie1128
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

I have been having the EXACT same problem with my 9630 and have gone through 3 phones in two months because of it. No one at VZW seems to know or will admit what it is, so I just have to keep going through the inconvenience of getting replacement phones. I had the problem when I was running on 4.7 as well, so I don't think 5.0 is the problem here. I've done a hard reset and a million battery pulls, but nothing remedies the problem. My phone has rebooted so many times today that I've lost count! Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Anyone????

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
aaaall

Abbie,

1. People at Verizon store are sale persons, non-technical, or well trained

2. Exchanged 3 phones in two months... I don't think that the problem had problem.

---> A) Tried to remove all third party apps from Desktop Manager to see if it is till self- reset. If it does, downgrade to lower version.

Please use plain text.
PMEdwards74

Im having this problem, I just got this phone about a week ago,  it did it the first time while I was driving using my GPS just shut down and rebooted took about 3 minutes. I bought this phone refurbished  from sprint and I am about to throw it out the door, its also rebooted anything I try to browse the internet with the exception on facebook I cant browse at all without it rebooting.

Please use plain text.
histeve
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

Ok, now my phone is rebooting randomly. It has done it 3 times now in the last 24 hours after updating to OS 5.0.0.983. I have had the phone about a year now and it has Never done this before. All the software on the phone has been there a while so it should not be causing the problem. It also does not seem to be linked to any one program. It has done it in Blackberry messenger, sprint navigation and the internet program.

Anyone stumble onto a solution? Anyone try a complete wipe with any success. I would hate to spend hours reloading all the programs and re-registering them if this won’t work.

This is driving me crazy since the rebooting process is sooooo painfully slow.

-steve

Please use plain text.