Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Tour wont turn on

My Tour wont turn on.  It died earlier from low battery and now wont turn on.  I have it plugged in and the red light is slowly flashing.  How do I get it to turn on?

Retired
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Tour wont turn on

Hello,

Does the light flash in a certain pattern? Like blink blink pause blink blink pause and ect. If so in this case I would recommend using the loader application to try and reload the software on your BlackBerry smartphone. First make sure you download and install the software from your carriers website here: http://bbry.lv/cp57Eb.

Loader.exe is located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader.

Make sure that the BlackBerry smartphone is connected directly to the computer if a laptop and plugged into the back if a desktop.

Once you open the loader.exe application click next. In this screen you will see the connection box. Connect your BlackBerry smartphone at this time to see if it is recognized by the application. If it is not remove the battery and try to connect with out the battery (it should display USB PIN: UNKNOWN) proceed to click next and once the loading process starts replace the battery in the BlackBerry smartphone.

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Carrier: Maxis

I think your battery is too exhausted. I have the same problem few times because I forget to charged my BB. What I did was, connecting my phone to the laptop via BB cable and it works like a charm, all the time. the battery symbol will appear in the middle of BB and it should be charging the BB

Note: Make sure you NEVER exhausting your battery too much next time...
Highlighted
Contributor
My Carrier: Maxis

I think your battery is too exhausted. I have the same problem few times because I forg0t to charge my BB.

What I did was, connecting my phone to the laptop via BB cable and it works like a charm, all the time. The battery symbol will appear in the middle of BB indicating it is charging the BB

Note: Make sure you NEVER exhausting your battery too much next time Smiley Wink