Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Tour 9630
My Carrier: sasktel

TrackBall and Buttons not working on my Tour 9630

I Just got my BlackBerry 9630 Tour 3 days ago and I have used it only numerous times, usually plugged into The wall in The house... Later in The day yesterday The keys and trackball click stopped working, Just weird... The trackball will move The cursor on The screen but Nothing will click or select.

I've tried everything from taking out The battery, The SIM card, The SD card, drying it... Nothing seems to work, I even deleted all data on The phone with desktop manager and it still doesn't work.

Someone please help, this is really annoying... Just got it after The Bold 9780 died. :smileysad:

Thanks

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: TrackBall and Buttons not working on my Tour 9630

Is this a brand new 96307?  Or second hand?  If it is under warranty I don't believe you should have to troubleshoot it.

For info, key and button problems are typical of moisture exposure.  It doesn't take much.  But it can take a while to dry the device thoroughly.

A bad third party app or theme could potentially be a problem.  If you did a security wipe and deleted user installed apps and still have the problem you've ruled out this possibility.

- Ira
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, my old Bold 9780 died because of damage to the device so a friend had given me her Tour to use until I could upgrade, for the first 3 days it was really humid, and nothing happened... Then I updates the OS from 4 to 5, that day is when I ran into trouble... I wonder if it isn't the OS that's screwing up the phone.

Forums Veteran II

Humidity isn't a problem unless it condenses in the device.

You could try reloading the OS, try a different version for your model, or downgrade. No guarantees. It could be just coicidence the problem started when it did.
- Ira
New Contributor

Hmm, well this morning it up and started working :Balloon: so i dont know what was wrong? Hopefully it doesnt happen again.. thanks for the help though!

Forums Veteran II

Good luck. Fingers crossed. Unfortunately I've read a lot of threads when searching and see examples of intermittant failure. I think chances are medium to high it will happen again. So, remember Murphy's laws.
- Ira
New Contributor

Hmm.. i will keep that in mind and will surely come back to the topic if it happens again. :Batman: