Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
hodgsonk
My Device: Tour 9630

Twitter 4.2.0.8 on BB Tour 9630, OS 5.0.0.419

Since upgrading to this version of Twitter, I have been unable to log in.  Each time I reinstall the software, it brings me to the log in page.  When I enter the correct credentials, I see interaction with the server, but never receive an error message or never get the application to open.  It just seems to hang at the credentials page.  I can leave the device for minute or hours, and it never leaves this page on its own.  I need to use the blackberry button to leave this page, so I suspect the credentials never get registered to the device memory. 

Once I return to the main BB home screen, If I click on the Twitter icon, absolutely nothing happens.  There is no way to attempt to log in again with this account or with another, because the application does not open.

I have tried deleting and reloading, uninstalling and reinstalling, with hard resets between, dowloaded directly or via app world, etc. etc. but have the same problem with each approach.

Prior to uploading this version, everything worked fine.  I am able to use the same login ID and password when I log in to Twitter through the browser or through UberSocial, so I know the login ID and password are correct.

Forums Veteran I
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)

Re: Twitter 4.2.0.8 on BB Tour 9630, OS 5.0.0.419

Greetings ...

Try making a registry cleaning press the alt key + l + l + g+ g record updates and deletes.

Then proceed to uninstall the twitter and re-install it from this link entering from your blackberry device

http://www.blackberry.com/twitter

Kudos **Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions, as well give the answer like**

@ gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Veteran I Gutijose14

New Contributor
hodgsonk
My Device: Tour 9630

Thanks for the suggestion.  I assume you mean ALT + LGLG  Did this to delete the logs and Uninstalled Twtter and reinstalled from the link.  Same behavior as previously.

Looked at the log and see a few twitter related log entries.  Not sure if they mean anything. 

New Contributor
Vatilz
My Device: Blackberry 9630

You could try cleariing some memory space. Low memory space could also be the cause