Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

mojomobile
My Device: 9630

URGENT Vodafone "vodacom" blackberry service stopped Working in CDMA phones in WHOLE South africa

[ Edited ]

customers using CDMA devices like storm 9530,tour 9630 ....can not use blackberry service due to vodafone "vodacom" netWork issues !!!!!!

it looks like they  have removed CDMA device identifiers for their BB service books, so any time a CDMA device attempts to re-register with the network (such as after an update), they cannot do so. and they blame it on the cdma phones ...........

here is vodacom comment regarding the issue:

:Oops:VODAFONE WANTS US TO BUY NEW PHONES....!!!!!!

On behalf of Vodacom, kindly accept our sincere apology for the manner in which your enquiry was dealt with and for any inconvenience caused.

The Blackberry device you are using is a Blackberry CDMA device.

Blackberry CDMA devices are brought to South Africa from foreign networks.

Blackberry CDMA devices are experiencing problems with the Blackberry service due to the incompatibly of these CDMA devices with our GPRS/3G Networks.

Regards

http://www.hellopeter.com/vodacom/complaints/vodacom-stops-supporting-blackberry-verizon-handse-8567...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-help/260808-help.html

http://forums.crackberry.com/general-discussion-f2/help-guys-737775/

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-help/259953-cdma-storm-internet-service-suddenly-stopped-...

ANY HELP REGARDING THIS MATTER PLEASE?

JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: URGENT Vodafone "vodacom" blackberry service stopped Working in CDMA phones in WHOLE South africa

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users.

There's no Vodafone/Vodacom or RIM personnel to comment on your issue.

Sorry about the problems.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
spoktjok
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: URGENT Vodafone "vodacom" blackberry service stopped Working in CDMA phones in WHOLE South africa

Hi there.

I have the same problem with vodacom on tour 9630.  Sent the phone back to shop where i bought it to see if they can fix it.  I was told that since vodacom don't support these phone they do work on the MTN network. 

I will try that since there is no way I will buy a new phone!!

Good luck

New Contributor
Kenneth1984
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630

Good day

Ive been having the same nonsence from Vodacom with my Blackberry Tour 9630, its so irritating, and why cant Vodacom even announce that they wont let these Blackberry's run on the network, its so **bleep** unprofessional from there side, just like our countrys government, they all corrucpt lol.

You say the Blackberry Tour 9630 works on MTN...? Have you moved to MTN network and does it work..? 

Contributor
spoktjok

Yes it has full bb function on mtn. I have it now on prepaid. Has been working directly after I registered for BIS. To register BIS on mtn dial *141*11*1#. Also have at least R62 available on account.
Also very disgusted with vodacom about this.
Good luck
New Contributor
Kenneth1984

Thats awesome, finally some good news about the BB 9630, im so upset with Vodacom, even if you call the customer care hotline all the operators are clueless and dont know what they are talking about. Im going to go buy me a MTN Sim Card a.s.a.p lol

Thanks for the info, have a good day.

cheers

Kenneth

New Contributor
Kenneth1984

I bought the MTN Sim Card etc and my BB not working, can you please do me a favour? Can you dial
##000000 (hash,hash,six zero's,green call button) then the CMDA Edit Screen will pop up on your cellphone, do this with your MTN sim card in your phone, then all the info on your screen that you see, can you please send it to me so that i can double check it with my BB, as we are or were "Verizon Wireless" my settings should be the same as yours, i'd really appreciate your help, thanks.

Ken

Contributor
spoktjok

Mobile Directory Number: ​000000000
IMSI_S: ​000000000
pESN (Dec): ​1280576069
pESN (Hex): ​8057E6B
Mobile Country Code: ​03
Mobile Network Code: ​0
Home SID: ​26
Home NID: ​6553
MO Voice SO Home: 3
MO Voice SO Roam: 3
MT Voice SO Home: 3
BlackBerry Registration Id: 2012
Home System Registration: true
Foreign SID Registration: true
Foreign NID Registration: true

A-Key:

SIP User ID: ​0000000000@vzw3g.co
SIP Password:

MIP User ID: ​0000000000@vzw3g.co
Reverse Tunneling Support: true
Home Address: ​0.0.0.
Primary HA Address: ​255.255.255.25
Secondary HA Address: ​255.255.255.25
User Profile Index: ​
DMU MN Auth: ​0011111--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi K.
Here is the stuff on my screen. Tell me did you first register bis? Then register Host Routing Table? Mine started working directly after I received my registration mail.
Good luck
New Contributor
Kenneth1984

Hi there

My Host Routing Table is blank, there is nothing there!!!

This cell phone is **bleep** me off now, i just cant seem to get the **bleep** thing working.

I see your settings are different to mine, im going to update mine like yours and see what happens.

I will let you know.

Cheers

Contributor
spoktjok

Ok let's go through it like I did. Register for the BIS dial *141*11*1# then you should receive a sms to say yoy are registered for BIS. Then go to HRT then click menu and register. Right after that you should receive a message registered on network. Or have you done that already? My HRT was also blank until I registered.