Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

kryjnn
My Device: BB Bold 9780

Re: Unable to connect to email settings

TJM wrote:

I solved this myself after stumbling on something in Blackberry Desktop.

The problem was when I clicked on email setup the Blackberry just hung or the timer displayed briefly and nothing happened.

I went into the device and removed the LATEST VERSION of the Email Setup Application.  This left 1 version which I could not remove.

However this did not resolve the issue.

I started up Blackberry Desktop and looked at the applications that were installed (selected from the left panel).  This showed me that the Email Setup program had an update outstanding.

I clicked on ACTION in the bottom right of the Blackberry Desktop on the Applications page and after the update was applied Voila !!!  I can go into EMail Setup from the device and all is ok.

Hope that helps someone.

Thank you for taking the time to write this solution. I have been googling for the last 8 hours about this. I even wiped my phone and switched to the previous version of OS 6. I called my carrier's Blackberry tech support and they had no idea about this known issue. They even insinuated that it was my fault.

This worked! I went into the Desktop Manager, clicked on the Applications tab and waited for it to populate. Then I noticed there were 2 email applications. One was greyed out and was wasn't. I clicked X on the one that wasn't greyed out and clicked Apply. I let my phone do its thing and after everything was done, I disconnected it from my laptop, checked Email Setup on my phone and it worked!

This is the last time I am going to mess around with updating RIM software even if the popup asks me to!

Again, thank you! Your post was the only one that helped solve the problem.

gheorghitacristian
My Device: Blakcberry Bold 9780

Hello

I have the exact same problem but slightly different :smileyhappy: 

I indeed have 2 Email Setup in the DM but both can be removed or installed at the same time.

First i tried by using AppLoader and there i found both Email Setup apps but indeed one of them was greyed out so i uninstalled the one that was not greyed.That did not solve the problem.

I opened DM again and removed both of them...then i reinstalled only the first one from the top down of the list...did not solve the problem..I tried by installing both of them..same problem.

I did not have this issue 2 or 3 days ago and i am going nuts! 

What happened in the meantime?Is this an issue caused by RIM due to a faulty update to the Email setup client?

gheorghitacristian
My Device: Blakcberry Bold 9780

1st Email Setup version : 6.11.0419.0755
2nd Email Setup version6.11.0327.0327
New Contributor
snic
My Device: Not Specified

My Blackberry had same issue when I changed to a new blackberry.

Here is what they did:

1.  FIRST go to T-mobile - MY MOBILE LIFE sand change the PIN number to your phone to the current phone

Enter the Yahoo or gmail EMail ont eh tmobile  page

You plan should have BIS enalbed

- if that does not work try the Blackberry email validation tood

https://www.blackberry.com/eavt/web20/index.jsp

this should work

Steve

New Contributor
snic
My Device: Not Specified

And resend your service book and go to host routing table click the menu key and hit "register now"
New Contributor
kwinless
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

i do the following steps:

Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table >  (it does not matter which line is current) >  on blackberry 8520but once i click the "register now"

its says:  "registration queued. It will be sent once data coverage is available" .

What is the possible problem with this issue??

New Contributor
kwinless
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

i do the following steps Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > (it does not matter which line is current) > on blackberry 8520 but once i click the register now its says ""registration queued. It will be sent once data coverage is available. what is the possible problem with this issue??
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

kwinless wrote:
i do the following steps Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > (it does not matter which line is current) > on blackberry 8520 but once i click the register now its says ""registration queued. It will be sent once data coverage is available. what is the possible problem with this issue??

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Subsequent to this, if you do not ever receive the "Registration" message to your BB into your main Messages App, then something is not correct between your BB and your mobile service providers network...and you need to ring them up to find out what that is, for only they can access their systems and figure out why.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Developer
NdotIndia
My Device: blackberry bold 9900 ( I am a blackberry application developer)

I tooface the same problem. Need solution for this.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

NdotIndia wrote:

I tooface the same problem. Need solution for this.

Hello,

As is stated above, the solution lies with your carrier, not with the other users on this forum. Only your carrier can look into this, and only they can escalate up to BlackBerry if needed.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code