Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
careyc
My Device: Not Specified

Unlocked Telus Blackberry Tour 9630 on Fido

Hi, I purchased an unlocked Telus branded Tour and have tried to get this to work on Fido.  It can make calls but no email or internet.  I signed up a BB data plan with Fido but cannot register on their BIS.  When I called Fido, they said I needed to have Telus release the PIN/serial #.  When I called Telus to request this, they stated they do not do this, period.  I tried calling a few times but got the same response. 

Anyways, just wondering if I have any alternatives to get this phone functioning with all it's capabilities on Fido network??

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Re: Unlocked Telus Blackberry Tour 9630 on Fido

See this site (just a random one I found with a quick google search) for unlocking your Tour: http://www.uniquephones.com/BlackBerry-Tour-Unlocking.html

There are other sites and places that provide this service so check with them.

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Please use plain text.
koboii

Dis it worked? Because I have the same problem, and my BB is supposed to be unlocked...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zolutar
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

options->status, there is your pin and IMEI which should be all they need.

And yeah, I personally dont blame Telus for assisting on using their phone on a rival national provider.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ijan

I don't see that.   We pay for our phones outright sometimes and go on their data plans.  Call about every phone bill because they haven't corrected their mistake.  Put up with their manipulation like paying for a phone outright and then taking a 2 year contract to get promotion.  Then finding out you didn't pay outright and still have to pay $400 for your phone.  They make me sick!   When we started we got 2 smartphones, one paid for (we thought).  We got a shareplan.   As months went by we always called because we could not figure why our bill was so high.

Finally the last time we called she says, " oh well you are not on a share plan."   What????   Your husband is but you are not!  I said that is the only plan we got.   She immediately said well only your husband has it.  I said really,  and who is he sharing with. 

So she just said well this is your fault so we can only pay extra data charges for 3 months back.   You should have known.

Got the 3 months! should have been 10 months.  

Still don't know why charges were high after that.  I didn't use my phone for 2 weeks.   Charges that were $160  were always $250. 

So I don't see why they would be pissed.   They rip people off steady all the time. 

Please use plain text.