Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
Starjazz
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Verizon Tour Users: Revert to old OS here.

I'd really like to revert back to the old OS, given the battery life issue and the standby shortcut, but this method makes me nervous given the notion of using other carriers OS.  Does BB Tech Support have other options for accomplishing this same goal?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Even though it's "another carrier's" OS really doesn't matter.  All the OS's are made by RIM for each specific device and as long as it's for the correct device they will work as they should.  All versions are sent to the carriers for their testing and the carriers release them when they decide they are good enough for release. 

Since Verizon only offers the 5.0.0.591 OS now for the 9630 there is no other option other than waiting for another release from Verizon.   

Lastly, I will just state that I purchased a new 9700 and before I ever used it I upgraded to a newer release fo the OS from another carrier who had already tested and released it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AvalancheGrfx
My Device: Tour 9630

I have had absolutely no luck in wiping my 9630 to downgrade the OS. I have tried 7 different times over 4 days. I am unable to get JI to connect to my Tour. I made sure that I was USB plugged directly to motherboard, even disabled my virus/firewall software in case that was effecting the connection. I've tried both the executable file ( a minimum of 15 times each try) as well as via command prompt. No luck. I have followed the directions to a T - and even had someone else verify that I was not missing anything (have no other BB OS installed on PC, deleted 'Vendor' file, pulled battery, desktop manager not running). I am at a loss, just ordered a second wall charger for when I'm at work so I don't have to keep carrying my home charger to work. This has become ridiculous as my phone won't even hold a charge for 4 hours - even without any usage!

Is there any other fix to this problem, besides giving up on having a BlackBerry and going back to my previous SmartPhone that I didn't have any issues with? Any luck on a newer OS upgrade that will solve these issues that many of us seem to be having with the new OS and battery life?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
tcrash247
My Device: 9630 Tour

[ Edited ]

I'm having this problem with my BB Tour and I cannot get it to connect to my computer at all.  I downloaded all the necessary software and it will not connect.  The screen is still showing the Technical Issue white screen but when I plug it in nothing happens, its as if nothing is plugged in.  How can something that completely bricks your entire phone get through the testing process?  Was it not tested at all?  This is unbelievable and its causing me a lot of strife.  God knows what I've missed in the meantime.  I guess I have to bring it back to Verizon and get a new phone, fantastic.  Makes me wish I waited for the Droid to come out instead of buying this POS.

EDIT - Just got back from the Verizon store in my local mall and they apparently have a program in store now that ignores the OS update and reverts your phone back or something.  It also blocks the OS update so it won't update to the broken version and Verizon is now working on a new firmware update.  They were able to keep all my settings, contacts, pictures, etc. in tact.  Even texts and emails I recieved while my phone was fubared came through after he fixed it.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

tcrash247 wrote:

Verizon is now working on a new firmware update. 

Verizon is testing a new OS from RIM (they dont write code for BlackBerry devices) and once it passes, it will be released to public.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

For those considering downgrading due to problems with the 5.0.0.591 OS released by Verizon I suggest trying an upgrade to Sprint's recent release for the 9630.   Many of the problems with sms/voicemail and browser issues have been fixed. 

Don't worry, it doesn't turn your Verizon device into a Sprint device.  :smileywink:

Follow the instructions (exactly) in the post below:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9600-series-discussion-tour/225840-latest-os-9630-5-0-0-1061...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PROB1
My Device: Bold 9650

If you can get your hands on the 5.0.0.662 leaked version, it is fantastic.  Battery and memory life is very good. Signal strength bounces around a little but is not terrible.  While I have not tried the Sprint release, I've heard it has the same browser click issue that 5.0.0.591 has.  I'm telling you .662 is great!  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Visitor
golfergal
My Device: BBTour 9630

I have a Ford Edge vehicle with Sync.  In February of 2010, I purchased a Blackberry Tour 9630 and the Sync operated fine with the Blackberry.  Verizon is my service provider with Blackberry.  After the 5.0 Blackberry software upgrade, Sync no longer worked on the Ford Edge.  I contacted Verizon and was told this is a "Ford problem."  I went to the Ford dealership and a non-Blackberry cell phone would Sync fine on my Ford Edge but the Blackberry would not even after it was deleted from Sync and reinstalled.  I telephoned Verizon and a customer service representative assisted me in downgrading from the 5.0 Blackberry software upgrade to the Blackberry 4.7 OS.  Now, Sync in my Ford Edge operates fine.  Representatives from both Verizon and Blackberry indicated they were not aware that the 5.0 Blackberry upgrade created a problem with Sync on Ford vehicles.  When I turn in my Blackberry in one and one-half years, I will probably not get another Blackberry.

Please use plain text.
reclary
My Device: 9630 Tour

I have a similar problem that some people have posted on here already...my phone boots up, starts loading and then just stops in the loading process around 3/4ths of the way and has done it all 30 times I have tried this.  My desktop manager is not recognizing the phone even though when the bubble in the bottom right of the screen displays "blackberry installed and ready to use..."

I am no where near a verizon store and cannot afford to be phoneless for the time it would take to send it via mail.  Please help me somebody!  Thanks

Please use plain text.
jakoby4204
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

Re: Virazón Toar Users: Revert to old OS here.

Please use plain text.