Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour

WIPING! Need help ASAP....please!

This is my first time on the website and it seems like you guys know your stuff which is good. I have a problem, my cousin wanted to use my bb and i didnt realize it was on password lock when i gave it to him, well he exceeded the 10 times you could enter a password and it stared wiping! So i immediately removed the battery. Im pretty sure i dont have the desktop manager on my computer for it so im assuming nothing has been backed up. I have the lookout mobile security and tried to backup the info on it but since i removed the battery it can access the information. Is there anyway the people at the Verizon store can fix this problem and if i remove the sim card will i still have all of my contacts on that card? Thank you anyone in advance for any info shared

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: WIPING! Need help ASAP....please!

It's my understanding that once those ten attempts have been exhausted, that's it.  That's one of the security features of BlackBerry phones.  I'm going to chance a guess that once it starts wiping, I can't see anything that would stop the process or reverse any porttion that has been wiped.  As for the people at the Verizon store, they won't be able to do anything to get your information back.

I stand to be corrected on these points, but that's my understanding.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour

Ok well i also have a card that says verizon and vodafone on it, is that a sim card? and would my contacts be on it?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

It sounds like it's a SIM card and your contacts should be on it.  Slip it into another phone to see if they're (still) on it.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.