Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
EddieV2
My Device: Blackberry 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

Way to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages w/o Backup? NEED them.

[ Edited ]

My father just passed away a few days ago and I wanted to keep the conversations we had over text messages, but it was over 30 days ago and it just deleted a conversation we had on September 13th. I've been trying all day to see if there is a way to retrieve the text messages, but I can't find a way. I will do ANYTHING as these are memories I will only be able to hold onto. Is there a way to retrieve the text messages by sending the device to RIM for them to retrieve or anything?

Any help is appreciated more than you know. Thank you so much.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,924
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Way to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages w/o Backup? NEED them.

EddieV2 wrote:

Is there a way to retrieve the text messages by sending the device to RIM for them to retrieve or anything?

Sorry for your loss. I understand completely where you are.

On that device do you have BlackBerry Protect installed? If so, there could be a backup there.

Otherwise, with no desktop backup, I am afraid not. Perhaps you should backup that device NOW before any other messages roll into deletion.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EddieV2
My Device: Blackberry 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

Unfortunately, Blackberry Protect was not installed. I have made a backup already and changed the setting so that text messages are no longer deleted after a certain number of days. 

Thank you for your response and understanding. I greatly appreciate it. If there is a way in the future (or now) to send it the phone to RIM or a way to retrieve the deleted text messages off of the hard drive with a program, please let me know as this is so very important to me.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,924
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

RIM doesn't do it, that I am aware of.

There are vendors who work for law enforcement agencies (think the three-letter federal agencies associated investigation and prosecution of high crimes and child p0rn, and protection of our national security and such, which provide services such as you're looking for, and you can expect to pay thousands and tens of thousands of dollars for it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.