Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Contributor
Ancylla
My Device: Playbook 64gb And Blackberry Tour 9630
Accepted Solution

Wont connect to pc (or charge) unless battery is out

Device info - Tour 9630

Your carrier: 02

Model info and OS version : v5.0.0.591

Add above to you profile if you dont wat to type it in all the time.

Apps and free space

no apps installed all memory free

Did a battery pull fix your issue? - no

my blackberry tour 9630 will not charge (or recognise it is plugged in) and connect to pc unless the battery is not in the phone. i try to update it using desktop software 7.1 so i click update, repair and then it says there are no updates and does nothing. as soon as i put the battery back in it diconnects and nothing happens again. Please help :smileysad:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Wont connect to pc (or charge) unless battery is out

Hello!

It is possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Ancylla

Nothing to do with battery, the pc only recognises the blackberry if it is turned off not just the battery is out, just found this out, i managed to get as far as getting "reload software 507" but the problem is that it gets to the JVM section and fails. i have looked into this problem to no avail tried using JL_CMder and everything

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, then I am now confused. You first reported that there could be no communication nor charging if the battery was inserted...hence, a potential diagnosis of a bad battery. Now, you say that the battery is not at all causal -- but I cannot figure out, from what you say, anything that contradicts what you first reported. Further, the details of what you report leave a lot of room for guesswork...I cannot tell exactly what you have and have not tried regarding the 507 nor JL_CMDER...and I've no way to know what "and everything" even means.

Hence, all I can do is "shot gun" a bunch of possible things for you...and you will have to figure out which, if any, are useful...

A 507 means that there is no OS on the BB...under some conditions, a 507 is quite normal...and, depending on when it appears, simply disconnecting and reconnecting the BB USB connection allows the OS load to continue. But, again, I cannot tell for sure from your report exactly what the situation is.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
Ancylla

tried all of those suggestions but it fails on recconecting to JVM

i will be clearer, sorry

as soon as blackberry initialises into whatever form that includes the white error screen the usb port becomes unusable, switch the device off and it is usable.

thanks

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

How, exactly, do you know that the USB port is unusable? Is there some error message? Or is your report here a supposition of cause rather than pure symptom? It's the pure symptoms, btw, that help best diagnose things at this internet distance...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
Ancylla

Sorry guysits reallyhard to describe, when the device is powered up and I connect it to either the mains or the pc neither the phone nor the pc recognize that it is connected to something, if I turn the phone off ( with or without battery) the phone will recognize its plugged in, the pc will open desktop manager with the retry update cancel menu and off I use app launcher the software from carrier it will always get to reconnecting jvm and fail 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ancylla wrote:

I connect it to either the mains or the pc

Sorry...I've no idea what the difference between "the mains" and your PC is...but the connection would be via USB cable between your PC and your BB. Have you tried other USB cables? Have you tried other USB ports on your PC?

Ancylla wrote:

Sorry guysits reallyhard to describe, when the device is powered up and I connect it to either the mains or the pc neither the phone nor the pc recognize that it is connected to something, if I turn the phone off ( with or without battery) the phone will recognize its plugged in, the pc will open desktop manager with the retry update cancel menu and off I use app launcher the software from carrier it will always get to reconnecting jvm and fail 

So, does any of that correlate to the exact steps in any of the items provided in post 4 above? I cannot tell for certain...but, from what you describe, the process you are following does not exactly match any of those...which leads me to refer you back to post 4 to attempt those things, in the exact manner that they are documented.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
Ancylla

[ Edited ]

The mains are the electrical socket 3 pin plug

And I have done the steps to the letter in the steps and please excuse the lack of spaces in my previous comment I was using a phone

1. Device is on but it won't charge or be recognised by pc so I turn it off to attempt a total Debrick ( that's turn blackberry off > plug in > update repair ) but it says there are no updates for my device

2. Using the official carrier software I wipe it and attempt to reinstall the software this is when I get the 507 error. As it fails on the stage reconnecting to JVM

3. I follow the aforementioned steps proposed above to no avail

To be clear on why I assume that the micro USB port on the blackberry device will not work when the blackberry device is on is this: the device is off with no battery and it is recognised by the pc and the blackberry device recognises the mains. When the device is off it is recognised by the pc and the blackberry device recognises the mains. When the blackberry is on with no battery it is not recognised by the pc and the blackberry device does not recognise the mains when the blackberry is on with the battery it is not recognised by the pc and the blackberry device does not recognise the mains.

Thank you I hope this makes it more clear

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hmmm...well, I appreciate you trying, but that's still very tough to read....no formatting (carriage return/line feed, etc.). In any event, I'm sorry to be picky...but what exactly happens, step by step, when you follow KB27956?

Also, what happens when you attempt the /nojvm method?

From what you keep describing, I do not find any of those 3 recovery process in anything you've said...I know you say you did everything to the letter, but I just can't find that, and you keep skipping past describing what happens when you do try those things, jumping right back into describing yet again the same original symptoms over again.

I'm very interested in knowing exactly what happens, step by step, with those 3 procedures provided...as they are generally accepted as being able to recover nearly any BB. It is quite often that someone attempts those procedures, but they skip too fast beyond some critical point, and result in failure when they could have had success by showing a little more patience and diligence in conducting the process. I'm not saying that this applies to you...I'm just saying that you've done a good job at skipping past providing any details about those 3 recovery processes, and that makes me wonder.

You also have not said anything specific about what you do when the BB presents the 507 error...I did explain what to do when that presents, but I don't see anything from you talking about what you do when that presents...and so I continue to wonder.

Now, then again, if there is something physically wrong with your BB, then that would of course preclude anything here from helping. But, diagnosing a physical problem is pretty much impossible at an internet distance.

Good luck and let us know.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates