Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Contributor
Ancylla
My Device: Playbook 64gb And Blackberry Tour 9630

Re: Wont connect to pc (or charge) unless battery is out

[ Edited ]
Ok it has been reformatted thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ancylla

[ Edited ]

KB27956 

1. Remove the battery from the BlackBerry smartphone.  --- ok this goes all fine
  2. Open a web browser and navigage to the following link.  - ok all good
  3. Click Check for Updates. ok
  4. Wait for the Device Connection dialog box to appear with no result for pin. -- ok
  5. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer with the battery removed. - ok
  6. Press Ok when the PIN field is populated with the BlackBerry smartphones PIN number or PIN-Unknown is displayed. --- this goes all fine

Note: Some BlackBerry smartphones may be in a reset loop, which will cause the field to populate and depopulate. This is not an issue; pressing OK when the PIN field is populated will allow the process to move forward.

7. Select the appropriate version of BlackBerry Device Software and applications for the BlackBerry smartphone, click Next.  - no option to choose
  8. At the Review the following options before you begin dialog, insert the battery without unplugging the USB cable. -- no option to review 
  9. Press Install update. -- ok goes through the process windows beeps a few times to say that a device is being connected then reconnected several times  get to reconnecting to JVM and fails displaying the following message

"application loader wasunable to connect to your device. please reconnect your device, enter the password, if required, and click retry
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ancylla

HAHA i have a solution, i put the blackberry in the freezer at work (-44 degrees Celsius) then i took a laptop into the freezer and did it in there and it worked just the normal desktop manager way!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ancylla

it completed it but now it is on an eggtimer with a white background

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hmmm...those results are starting to make me think that there indeed is a physical problem. Dropping the temperature of the device would change the alignment of things inside. And different materials inside will react differently to the temperature change. What could have happened is that, with the temperature reduced as you did, things aligned correctly for a period of time, allowing you to proceed...but, when things warmed up again, things then got out of alignment, resulting in what you now see.

Consequently, I'd recommend that, if you have warranty, you seek support from your warranty provider. If you have no warranty, then you have other decisions to make.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ancylla

With little to loose i blast chilled it with liquid nitrogen it is now at room temperature and fine, bluetooth is a little temperamental but other than that fine
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Wow...that has to be the most radical remedy method I've ever heard of! Thanks for sharing it...though I'm a little doubtful that others will have the resources available to attempt it!

I'd also expect your device to continue to degrade over time. The liquid nitrogen could have caused further damage to parts not suited to such temperature extremes. Over time, it would be perfectly expected that things get worse and worse. Or, it could be stable for a long time. There are no absolutes.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ancylla

Will post if anything goes wrong again thanks guys
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ancylla

and its dead again ...

Please use plain text.