Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold

accidentally deleted memo

hi all,

hope someone can help me.  i accidentally deleted an important memo from my memopad.  fortunately i needed to back up my phone last week.  so i figured it would come back when i restored the backup file to the phone, but it didnt.  the memo is not recent, so i should have been on the backup file.  let me know if you could help me.  thanks for your time.

mark

Solutions: 6,066
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: accidentally deleted memo

If the Memo in question was on the recent backup, it should have restored.

1. Is the backup file you are restoring dated the date from last week?

2. Did you perform an "advanced restore" from Desktop Manager > Backup/Restore > Advanced and ONLY restore that one database, or did you do a complete restore?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold

the memo is a prior memo from last week.  i have had it for a long time so it should have come back when i did the restor.  i did a complete backup.  when i go onto the blackberry desktop, i go into the advance, bring up the backup file and it shows my memos as 55 on the computer database side, currently i have 54 due on my device database to the accidental deletion.  but the memos on the computer database side are not selectable and there is a statement on the bottom saying that, "the databases that are unavailable have been configured for wireless synch or wireless back up and are read only.  you cannot restore or clear them."

i dont know what this means, do i have to go to the sprint store or something?

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl Flip

Hi

I have a BlackBerry Pearl flip.

Im goin thru pretty much almost the same thing, the only difference is. I was trying to deleted a few word from this 1 filed I already had save as I was updating it. I highlighted a few words so I can deleted it and I end up deleting the whole **bleep** filed.

I want to know if any posibility that I can retrieve this memo folder?

I am deseparate to get these filed back. I dindn't even get a chance to save them onto my mini SD memory card...

I am willing to pay if I can retrieve these important memo files!!!

Can somebody please help with sum info on this matter...

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl Flip

How Can I Do A Complete Restore 2 Get My Deleted Memo Back On My MemoPad?