Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

Visitor
esuccess
My Device: Blackberry tour 9630
My Carrier: bell

blackberry tour 9630 dead but red light flashing 10111

Guys I have a question. I was using my blackberry tour 9630 over two years and never had a problem. A couple of days ago I’ve connected phone to computer, check software update (it says your software up to date) recharged the phone and put it on the desk. Oddly enough it starts blinking like I have message, but phone did not turn on or off it just stop responding. The screen is black and when connected to computer through USB it’s not recognized. Weather connected to electrical outlet or usb to computer it Flash red signal 10111 – one red , pause and three red. I’ve tried pulling out batteries, card, keep it for 24 hours without battery, nothing. Neither laptop nor pc recognise blackberry device. Bell offered “to take a look at it for about “ 100 -150 $ without warranty that it will be repaired and I have only 6 month left on my 3 years contract. I’ve brought the phone to local wireless store and they try to flash OS through loader software without any success. I have two blackberries on my account, was happy with the phones, but now feel like smashing both of them. I don’t know if I more mad at “Bell” who told me “product has 1 year warranty and now you are screwed” or at Research in Motion for their blackberries for which I’ve paid 400 $ upfront and 3 years contract (supposedly device cost over 600 $)

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: blackberry tour 9630 dead but red light flashing 10111

Hello esuccess,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community. Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having.

If you haven't tried this already, I would suggest trying the following steps to reload your device software.
1. Verify that your BlackBerry Device Software is installed on the computer. You can download it from your wireless provider's website in this list. http://bbry.lv/ad7CII
2. Remove the battery from the BlackBerry. Do not re-insert it.
3. Connect the BlackBerry to the computer with the USB cable.
4. Navigate to the file path shown here for your PC OS. http://bbry.lv/nPyBiQ
5. Open Loader.exe and follow the prompts.
9. When you have clicked Finish and the application load starts, insert the battery into the BlackBerry smartphone.

If you are unable to connect to the device this way to reload the software, you may want to contact your wireless provider again for other options.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.