Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry tour 9630
My Carrier: verizon
Accepted Solution

blackberry tour 9630 problems

goodday.I bought this blackberry tour 9630, carrier verizon  on ebay.From the moment i received the cellphone i have been experiencing thes problems:

1.email messages are not configuring

2.there is a phone password lock, that just cant be removed, so even when the phone was reset to factory settings , there is still a password, even when i try going into options, its not being disabled. there is a lock showing

also sometimes during a call it automatically drops off. stating 'call failed'.

i now believe that the previous owner of the telephone upgraded to os version and i would like to downgrade to os version 4.7.Is there any way i can get some help with instructions to do so ?

because i believe this is where the problem is.

hope i will be able to get some immidiate help ...

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: blackberry tour 9630 problems

Hello ranks21 and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your BlackBerry® Tour™ 9630 smartphone.

Do you get an error when you go to add an email account? If so, can you please provide that error?

The password displaying a padlock is indicating there is an IT Policy on this smartphone from a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server. This can be removed.

You will need to use BlackBerry® Desktop Software to backup your data as doing the factory reset will purge all the data and user settings.

You will want to follow the steps in KB18998 How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults. Once the reset has been done, ensure the padlock icon has been removed. 

As for downgrading the software, it is not recommended. If you wish to proceed, you will need to check the download site of branded carrier of the BlackBerry by clicking here.

Hope this answers your question.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry tour 9630
My Carrier: verizon

Re: blackberry tour 9630 problems

thanks a million. used all the instructions given and phone is working great....