Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Tour™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

bluetooth question

Hi I have a question about the Bluetooth settings on my Tour,

Under bluetooth options there is a setting for Discoverable which is off by default. With this being off do I need to worry about the contacts transfer setting being disabled.I do not want to have my contacts accidently transfered to someone else .What would be the the best settings to only allow my headset  to be the only bluetooth that works.

thanks

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: bluetooth question

Hi there!

Discoverable controls whether other BT devices will "see" yours when they search for other BT devices. So it really plays not into your situation, except for keeping your BB hidden from other devices, which would seem to suit your purposes.

As for contact security, see this KB:

• KB05343 Contacts in the address book can only be shared with Bluetooth enabled car kits

For a headset, I've always found that Trusted is the most important setting between the BB and the headset.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code